The Massillon Knock Out August 7

In honor of Crown, I had dinner at Old Carolina Barbeque. in respect of the home corps I wore a Bluecoats shirt and to support the Cadets I say Go Cadets!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I think my FLO channel is broken..I can hardly hear anything at all...

nvm

A quick "old Blue fanfare" which is a classic warm-up for Bluecoats starts our performance.

Always glad when we have Kevin Gamin commentary!!  Thank you Kevin!!   Wishing Boston and Cadets amazing runs!!

• Like 4

RiB has expanded their percussion section since I saw them at the first Massillon show. They now have three trap sets and a full set of bass drums on a rack.

We've got a couple squealers in the trumpet/soprano line. That Old Black Magic opens the performance part of the show before the corps takes it down a notch with Bridge Over Troubled Waters.

Word on the street is that Bluecoats aren't adding anything not seen. They are focused on cleaning. 

Great sound from the brass. I'm not hearing any stick outs and the mello section has an excellent unison section sound. Two contras but they're laying down a great foundation for the rest of the horns to sit on.

Rhythm in BLUE

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

One Day I'll Fly Away is next. This is a great selection as the melody moves between sections and gives each one of them a chance to shine.