Boston Crusaders 2018

1 hour ago, blakman7 said:

I hate to be "that guy" but I personally don't see a non-blue top 3 happening anytime soon. Politics are still very alive and well in DCI and lucky for the "blue's" that are in discussion, they develop great shows with all of the elements that the new DCI asks for. I'm right there with you regarding it being pretty awesome to see the top 3 being shaken up (it's about time for goodness sake) but realistically I can't say that I'll see that anytime soon. Hopefully I'll be eating my words and kicking myself in the arse come August! I do however think that BAC will be right up there with the top 3 this year if not 2019.

I agree...a lot of corps have made the push before ( including Boston) only to be knocked down a peg or two...this is why I'm not getting ahead of myself here...although it was a very small percentage last season that predicted Boston in 6th...so who knows...anything is possible I guess...I do not have any real personal insight of where they will be this season...I'll just hope for the best. :)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree...a lot of corps have made the push before ( including Boston) only to be knocked down a peg or two...this is why I'm not getting ahead of myself here...although it was a very small percentage last season that predicted Boston in 6th...so who knows...anything is possible I guess...I do not have any real personal insight of where they will be this season...I'll just hope for the best. :)

What some forget is it's not just about a corps ( any corps) getting better it's very much about another corps dropping or off their usual game. We all have seen dozens of corps over the years improve to the point of finals and never make it or even drop.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

What some forget is it's not just about a corps ( any corps) getting better it's very much about another corps dropping or off their usual game. We all have seen dozens of corps over the years improve to the point of finals and never make it or even drop.

Great point. Improvement is not always measured by the placements.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

12 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Great point. Improvement is not always measured by the placements.

I agree on point...but a lot of the same folks were saying that it takes time for a staff to gel...this staff gel'd quite quickly...so I think that upward mobility is very much ALSO a possibility as well...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

Just now, Liahona said:

I agree on point...but a lot of the same folks were saying that it takes time for a staff to gel...this staff gel'd quite quickly...so i think that upward mobility is very much ALSO a possibility as well...

In BAC's case, absolutely!!!!   The organization has its act together, no question.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I agree on point...but a lot of the same folks were saying that it takes time for a staff to gel...this staff gel'd quite quickly...so I think that upward mobility is very much ALSO a possibility as well...

Moving up in position is quite different. Let's just take Boston moving up to 6th last year it was just not because they were better by their own standards but was also about others falling short even slightly that help protect them. This happens in every aspect of the activity. The difference is as you get closer to top 5 there is fewer variables and very few spots. You're right some did say it would take long for a new staff to gel, is it rare. YES usually it takes at least a few years BUT as Boston showed it is very possible. So like that, it is possible for Boston or any corps to move forward, sure but credit should be given to a corps for improvement even if the placement doesn't reflect it, which is often.

You are right it is possible for sure and any corps in this situation needs to play with the prize in sight.

I guess all I'm saying is it's never just about what 1 corps does BUT what others do or don't do also.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Moving up in position is quite different. Let's just take Boston moving up to 6th last year it was just not because they were better by their own standards but was also about others falling short even slightly that help protect them. This happens in every aspect of the activity. Difference is as you get closer to top 5 there is fewer variables and very few spots. You're right some did say it would take long for a new staff to gel , is it rare. YES usually it takes at least a few years BUT as Boston showed it is very possible. So like that, it is possible for Boston or any corps to move forward, sure but credit should be given to a corps for improvement even if the placement doesn't reflect it, which is often.

You are right it is possible for sure and any corps in this situation needs to play with the prize in sight.

I hear that.  Not sure if BAC can move up from 6th to 1st this year, but hey.... it seems anything is possible with them.

This is a corps that has been written off, given up for dead, numerous times through the decades, pre-DCI and during the DCI era... and look where they are now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

I hear that.  Not sure if BAC can move up from 6th to 1st this year, but hey.... it seems anything is possible with them.

This is a corps that has been written off, given up for dead, numerous times through the decades, pre-DCI and during the DCI era... and look where they are now.

It’s very exciting to see! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s very exciting to see! 

I agree.

Crown and Bluecoats have broken through in recent years.  BAC could very well join the party sooner than later.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I personally would like to see percussion and brass catch up to last years guard finish...so not realistically expecting movement to 1st here...just some more upward mobility would be nice...

• Like 3