Boston Crusaders 2018

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, hat and outdoorImage may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

okay guys i know the hype is out and about for boston this spring, but rest assured it's warranted. we're talking championship contention. gold medal contention. especially with how underwhelming the Blue Devils seemed. it's anyone's game at the top, and it #### well might be boston's.

I don’t know of any corps that has gone from 12th one year, to 6th the following, and won the title. It would certainly predate DCI, and the closest could be Blue Devils, 9th in 74, 3rd in 75, and 1st in 76, but given the against all odds history of The Boston Crusaders, if any corps could do it, it would be BAC.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

okay guys i know the hype is out and about for boston this spring, but rest assured it's warranted. we're talking championship contention. gold medal contention. especially with how underwhelming the Blue Devils seemed. it's anyone's game at the top, and it #### well might be boston's.

Expecting a great season for BAC however history tells me that calling BD underwhelming in early June does not mean they will not be awesome in August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, hat and outdoorImage may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoor

TY Brasso/BAC! Great Season ahead.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I thought it was so cool to meet 2 moms visiting ST and helping out for a week.  A shout out and thank you to two great moms from Virgina and Indiana. 

Drum corps parents make this activity work... great fans, diligent volunteers

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Remind the MMs that the uniforms are form-fitting Lycra!  

As an aside,  I always wondered what the typical DCI marcher of today generally burns in calories on a typical all day practice that includes practice on the football field. Anybody know ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

As an aside,  I always wondered what the typical DCI marcher of today generally burns in calories on a typical all day practice that includes practice on the football field. Anybody know ?

There were some youtube vids going around where they wired up a drummer with different monitors to show the physical intensity.  Gotta be a lot of calories

1 hour ago, pbeau said:

Expecting a great season for BAC however history tells me that calling BD underwhelming in early June does not mean they will not be awesome in August.

BD can have an underwhelming spring training.  They tend to have a better road game than anyone else... more time allotted for quality practice time and the right amount of R&R.

10 minutes ago, Ediker said:

There were some youtube vids going around where they wired up a drummer with different monitors to show the physical intensity.  Gotta be a lot of calories

Yes, I did see that. DCI utilized that the year ( around 2007 ) DCI and ESPN agreed to telecast a portion of each of the Finalists Corps performance at Championships. They had the heart rate monitored, and compared that and other things to what a typical athlete might undergo in  a sporting competition. DCI marchers take a back seat to few athletes in what they expend in energy, heart rate,  lung capacity output,  adrenaline, etc and so forth. Its pretty amazing. No wonder most of them come home so physically fit for themselves after Finals

Whats the calories burned up ? It must be a lot. I was just curious.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1