Boston Crusaders 2018

" Whats the calories burned up ? It must be a lot. I was just curious. "

Brasso the (DCI) Yes...Daily Caloric Intake per member, I believe,  is 1400-2000/day.

" Daily Calorie Intake (DCI) is the sum of calories for basal metabolism, daily activity metabolism (activities including daily household chores), and diet-induced thermogenesis (energy used in connection with digestion, absorption, metabolism, and other eating activities). It is an estimate of how many calories you can consume within the next 24 hours to maintain your current weight. | ihealthlabs.com |

• Like 1

BAC18 Corps' Song, " Giant".

Thanks staff and MMs.

"Corps we love" ••|•|••• ❤

Giant V.2018

Edited by CorpwithanS
grammah, punctuation
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

BAC18 Corps' Song, " Giant".

Thanks staff and MMs.

"Corps we love" ••|•|••• ❤

Giant V.2018

Very nicely done.

One of the parts of BITD that I sorely miss is when at Finals or major contests corps had the chance to play in retreat as they trailed out. Regardless of who wins, can you imagine the hornlines of BAC playing Giant, SCV playing Clowns, Cavies playing Rainbow, Madison playing You'll Never Walk Alone, Cadets playing O Holy Name, etc.? The BOA/WGI style retreats today miss a lot of the inner character of corps imho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

As an aside,  I always wondered what the typical DCI marcher of today generally burns in calories on a typical all day practice that includes practice on the football field. Anybody know ?

At BAC ST they were figuring anywhere between 4,000 - 6,000 calories per day.  The university cafeteria feeding them said they were eating more than any of the college students ate.  I saw guard members with two plates come out of the food line.  Food choices were pretty good too.  Calories burned over the entire rehearsal day of about 10 - 11 hours, most of it moving in drill at this point.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

At BAC ST they were figuring anywhere between 4,000 - 6,000 calories per day.  The university cafeteria feeding them said they were eating more than any of the college students ate.  I saw guard members with two plates come out of the food line.  Food choices were pretty good too.  Calories burned over the entire rehearsal day of about 10 - 11 hours, most of it moving in drill at this point.

Thats an amazing number of calories burned ( although not surprised )  Glad to hear they're getting what they need re. food/ nutrition, LabMaster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Yes, I did see that. DCI utilized that the year ( around 2007 ) DCI and ESPN agreed to telecast a portion of each of the Finalists Corps performance at Championships. They had the heart rate monitored, and compared that and other things to what a typical athlete might undergo in  a sporting competition. DCI marchers take a back seat to few athletes in what they expend in energy, heart rate,  lung capacity output,  adrenaline, etc and so forth. Its pretty amazing. No wonder most of them come home so physically fit for themselves after Finals

Whats the calories burned up ? It must be a lot. I was just curious.

Last year, some of the guard members burned up entirely.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Last year, some of the guard members burned up entirely.

Witch ones ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Very nicely done.

One of the parts of BITD that I sorely miss is when at Finals or major contests corps had the chance to play in retreat as they trailed out. Regardless of who wins, can you imagine the hornlines of BAC playing Giant, SCV playing Clowns, Cavies playing Rainbow, Madison playing You'll Never Walk Alone, Cadets playing O Holy Name, etc.? The BOA/WGI style retreats today miss a lot of the inner character of corps imho.

Agreed. Missing those powerful brass and perc. warm-ups on the field.as well. Regardless, brass-lines and percussion-lines  should be epic  this yr. Good luck and all the best to your Cadets. Strong talent,alums and tradition will see them fly.

Edited by CorpwithanS
wicked spellin'
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpwithanS said:

Agreed. Missing those powerful brass and perc. warm-ups on the field.as well. Regardless, brass-lines and percssion should be epic  this yr. Good luck and all the best to your Xadets. Strong talent,alums and tradition will see them fly.

thanks for the compliment. The corps is far, far greater than I.

• Like 1

Amazing physiology and quality viddle replacements. TY LabM.