2017 World Championships Finals - Aug 12

Yeah. In past years they'd go 1080 for finals. Sigh. 

But! Excited to see SCVC one last time 

The corps is almost all hidden behind 11 stage props spread out across the field. One on the 50 is turned around, revealing a guard member who begins performing. Tenors come out and start playing a feature while also playing trap set bass drums. Very cool effect.

It's a little confusing for me. I'm hearing the corps on the other side of the plexiglass, but then again delayed on the press box speakers.

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think BD should be beating Crown in brass, but I don't think the judges will put Crown in 2nd after they've been dominating the caption all season. 

The sophistication of BD's style is what makes me feel like they should be put on top. Crown sounds robotic in comparison. Clean, but sterile. Just my opinion of course. 

That's the sound DCI wants now.  

Crown's brass is clean but to my ear they play safer arrangements where individual sections are rarely exposed.  I'm not sure who writes for Crown but they remind me of late 1970s Phantom Regiment brass sections which can also be described as robotic.  It's a nice sound -- don't get me wrong -- but I'm not a fan of it.  Crown in '16 had that "sizzle" but now they sound like a wind ensemble.  

• Like 3