Cadets 2018

Does anybody know if there are any plans in place for a new/updated/additional ending? I know it's common practice to add a little to the show before finals, but I haven't really heard anything from the Cadets camp about this. What does everybody think a great final sequence would be? (this is purely speculation and for fun!)

26 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Does anybody know if there are any plans in place for a new/updated/additional ending? I know it's common practice to add a little to the show before finals, but I haven't really heard anything from the Cadets camp about this. What does everybody think a great final sequence would be? (this is purely speculation and for fun!)

I've heard there is a new ending/closer  has always been planned, is designed etc and coming relatively soon - but have not heard specifics other than "something is the works" -- up until now all their changes have been smaller, snips of counts and music, rewrites on the drum solos and pit parts, more layering in the brass book & rewrites on several of the brass features. The extra counts added to the ballad have been very effective also. Other things have happened like changes to the drill (restaging guard, backfield playing that was towards the front, integration of the singers, restage guard at top of show etc). So while they've been busy we have not seen the typical (of late) massive Cadets rewrites. A GOOD thing IMO

As far as timing I would suggest post-SAT prior to ATL - the corps (and score) already is showing some momentum so I'd say hold off on that until there's some leveling off... 

Don't know if it is taught yet or not

As far as what I'd like to see - I would personally like to see an upbeat ending vs. some soft tag - perhaps the corps drawing quickly into some unified shape after the company front the show currently ends with... Just one idea!

• Like 2

Now back home after my sister's funeral and awaiting hearing and seeing the corps perform again.  For some reason I have a honkering for NY style cheese cake on a bed of Oreo crumb pie crust with a topping of the raspberry swirl.  I think MikeD posted a photo of this somewhere.. I wonder why...

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, njthundrrd said:

SUPPORT LINK

Hey everybody, if you can even give $60 (or more) to support the corps this year, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

Lot's of great fans of the Cadets on DCP that have been waiting for this day, this season, and this group of Cadets to take the field. How it happened means nothing now. It is in the rear-view mirror. We are looking to the future.

There is still lots of work to do on the field and off ... and we appreciate your support of the organization.

#marchstraightandtrue

Eric,

Be sure the mms send their thank you emails and notes to the donors.

No reason why this isn't done especially with the looong bus rides giving time. Such graciousness has always been the Cadets way over the decade despite you-know-who.  "I'm been busy" isn't an excuse that cuts it as it begins a habit that carries into adult life, marriages, parenting, and other post-drum corps life skills. This applies not just to Cadets but all corps. We don't want to enable an entitlement generation. Many admins push the fundraising but neglect the people skills. Such a simple acknowledgement tends to replicate successful fundraising as you well know. Just saying...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Eric,

Be sure the mms send their thank you emails and notes to the donors.

No reason why this isn't done especially with the looong bus rides giving time. Such graciousness has always been the Cadets way over the decade despite you-know-who.  "I'm been busy" isn't an excuse that cuts it as it begins a habit that carries into adult life, marriages, parenting, and other post-drum corps life skills. This applies not just to Cadets but all corps. We don't want to enable an entitlement generation. Many admins push the fundraising but neglect the people skills. Such a simple acknowledgement tends to replicate successful fundraising as you well know. Just saying...

We went to the souvenir stand in St. Louis and made a donation to the corps.  We were both very moved by their spirit and perseverance.   They are truly great Cadets. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

We went to the souvenir stand in St. Louis and made a donation to the corps.  We were both very moved by their spirit and perseverance.   They are truly great Cadets. 

You would understand this being an Illinoisan.  In 1992 4 days before Madison when the Cadets were billeting at Marian Catholic,  I had a burst appendix with peritonitis; the corps moved on without me for I was in ICU for awhile and two weeks at my sister's before I was allowed to travel home. I never made it across the street to Zarlengo's for their wonderful Italian ice and gelato which the Cadets and others devour whenever there. This weekend I honored the wonderful aftercare my sister and husband gave me then by going to Marian Catholic and Zarlengos for some apricot ice closure. :-)

P.S. The Augustinian priests from Providence h.s. concelebrated the funeral.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You would understand this being an Illinoisan.  In 1992 4 days before Madison when the Cadets were billeting at Marian Catholic,  I had a burst appendix with peritonitis; the corps moved on without me for I was in ICU for awhile and two weeks at my sister's before I was allowed to travel home. I never made it across the street to Zarlengo's for their wonderful Italian ice and gelato which the Cadets and others devour whenever there. This weekend I honored the wonderful aftercare my sister and husband gave me then by going to Marian Catholic and Zarlengos for some apricot ice closure. :-)

P.S. The Augustinian priests from Providence h.s. concelebrated the funeral.

I went down to Marian Catholic in 2015 to see the corps rehearse but also to bring my friend Collin a birthday cupcake.  I don’t know how I missed Zarlengos. 

My niece attends Providence now and is quite a softball player.  Great school. 

• Like 2