Cadets 2018

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

if you are referring to the header (back of head) person to the right it is NOT George Hopkins

Sorry dude, watch the video , that is him unless he has a twin! Also my point is, should any girl he harmed, but still loves the corps not have to worry about seeing that filth anywhere on that channel. John Calipari ‘s image is gone from Memphis just for recruiting 

Edited by J.Keith

5 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

Sorry dude, watch the video , that is him unless he has a twin!

which video are you referring to? First you said a thumbnail. Now it's a video. If he's on there send a link and email to YEA they will immediately remove it, trust me. They've busily scrubbed him off websites and social media accounts quite quickly the past few months. This isn't the NBA it's a (mostly volunteer) non profit. Their response to the events have been quite excellent.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 3

Thumbnail is a freeze of a video! He is in quite a few vids on their channel...still! I think we can agree that no woman he harmed should go to cadets page and still see that monster anywhere! Peace

Edited by J.Keith
  • Like 1

Enough with the nonsense of holes, has-beens, and what-ifs.

I was at Atlanta and watched the show from the sky box....................electronic mix up and all. Cadets one of 8 corps effected.  Blue lighting to offset the Atlanta Falcon red made the corps uni look battleship grey. Echo and uptempo seemed bizarre if you like music beyond battery percussion. Somehow SCV found the way to beat all that. Cadets need to replicate. I wore my brand new, never seen before Holy Voice section shirt which got quite a few laughs and the chance to meet and speak with interesting folks who had been to Iceland. Cadets  made more friends.

Now that the kidney stone(s) and crystals have been left in Atlanta, onto Annapolis. Some good Chesapeake Crab Stew with plenty of Old Bay Seasoning will burn that norovirus out. No one wants a US Navy quarrantine, scurvy and all that. Time for great work, crab cakes, and  all those many Maryland alums showing their colors. The other side of 90 would be nice.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, J.Keith said:

5 hours ago, J.Keith said:

Yes I did.wanted them to know first of this horrible oversight and then came here to shine a light on something that is not right! Have to take off the DCI fanboy glasses my friend and call crap on things that shouldn’t be! 

No fanboy, believe me.  And, please don’t call me friend.  It’s nothing more than an insincere nicety on your part.  

Nobody wants to see GH’s face.  Hopefully after finals, all in the office can catch their breath, grab some sleep, and make the final purge of GH from remaining media formats.  In the meantime, thank them for picking up the pieces from the bomb that went off in April.  It’s a small miracle that corps is on the field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, One n Done said:

No fanboy, believe me.  And, please don’t call me friend.  It’s nothing more than an insincere nicety on your part.  

Nobody wants to see GH’s face.  Hopefully after finals, all in the office can catch their breath, grab some sleep, and make the final purge of GH from remaining media formats.  In the meantime, thank them for picking up the pieces from the bomb that went off in April.  It’s a small miracle that corps is on the field.

I did thank them. When they came to a show near me I made it a point to thank as many as I could and told the members how proud I was of them. We just have two differing opinions. I feel if they need to hire someone , temporarily even for a month , they should! I don’t want any obvious upfront images that linger around still there. I do not want one day more to go by and any girl he harmed to go on a yea/Cadets site and still see any image, especially on your main page,still there! We just have differing opinions and that is to not say all of you who posted don’t care. I can tell you all care and don’t want his image around. I just want it done quicker....I love the cadets ,like I know you all do...I wore those colors and just want others who wore them and were harmed , not to see that mug ever again! 

Edited by J.Keith

13 minutes ago, J.Keith said:

I did thank them. When they came to a show near me I made it a point to thank as many as I could and told the members how proud I was of them. We just have two differing opinions. I feel if they need to hire someone , temporarily even for a month , they should! I don’t want any obvious upfront images that linger around still there. I do not want one day more to go by and any girl he harmed to go on a yea/Cadets site and still see any image, especially on your main page,still there! We just have differing opinions and that is to not say all of you who posted don’t care. I can tell you all care and don’t want his image around. I just want it done quicker....I love the cadets ,like I know you all do...I wore those colors and just want others who wore them and were harmed , not to see that mug ever again! 

Personally, I have a problem with getting rid of all instances of the name, and the images/videos.  That sounds like sweeping it under the rug to me.  Getting rid of that stuff doesn't make it go away.  You can't change history.

Instead, I happen to believe that the entire YEA! organization is handling this exactly as they should.  They are owning what happened, and they are taking responsibility to make sure it can never happen again.  Kudos to them for the work they have done so far!

• Like 4

Is anybody going to the Cadets' reception before the Chester show at Talon stadium? I feel like I've been following and supporting The Cadets for decades and I still don't know anyone associated with the corps! If you are interested in saying hello Wednesday, PM me and we can chat. I'd really welcome the opportunity to meet some of you folks and put a face to a name, etc. 

Glen

Edited by GlenI