Blue Devils 2018

3 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

:51_scream: WOW look at the prop, they've recreated the painting!!!! omg.. lol.  its ridiculously good. are those mm inside it ? ... no maaaaayyyyn! i dont want to even talk about the Uniforms right now prop have my attention.

Image result for nighthawks painting

I saw the original props and was like eww.  I say this picture wand was like giphy.gif

• Like 2

I bet the prop isn't even done yet! Wow!  I thought to myself today that " Hey the props this year are not white" Man it all comes together now.

I am pretty sure SCV has something just as cool.

• Like 3

I take a closer look and i actually loving the unis..... very slick.. it's a suit like silhouette, with colors on one side and the sequins blue piece across  draping down on one side (right side) down the pants.

3 minutes ago, flammaster said:

I bet the prop isn't even done yet! Wow!  I thought to myself today that " Hey the props this year are not white" Man it all comes together now.

I am pretty sure SCV has something just as cool.

i Can't wait to see SCV show....

53 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

if youre telling me the prop isnt 3d im going to lose it

It's totally 3D. The individual pieces had been looking good in the rehearsal vids, but now they've added more and I'm ASTOUNDED at how incredibly  close it looks to the painting  when fully assembled. Building something like that that even manages to get the correct perspective angle is just extremely impressive. 

As always, they are setting the standard. This is a whole new level of professionalism. This show is going to be one for the ages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

if youre telling me the prop isnt 3d im going to lose it

As tempting as you make it to say that, no, after watching the feed, the whole diner is 3D, and the people inside are actual members who moved into position.  The street backdrop is a series of flat panels.

They did an amazing job I think.

My god. BD’s guard is BLOODTHIRSTY this year. It’s almost as if they were reigning champions who lost the crown and are punishing everyone else for it, lol

This show is gonna be an instant classic imo. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

As tempting as you make it to say that, no, after watching the feed, the whole diner is 3D, and the people inside are actual members who moved into position.  The street backdrop is a series of flat panels.

They did an amazing job I think.

cannot frickin believe BD is doing a show based on a dang edward hopper painting LOL. the art nerd in me is so moved 

• Thanks 1