How About Some Common Ground?

Just now, Cappybara said:

Congratulations, I'm glad you know what debunking means

Sorry if that came across as snarky, it was not meant that way. Tone of voice is sometimes hard to convey in blogs and texts, guess that is why emojis were created :95_v:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ouooga said:

Wow, that was a purely hypothetical example of numbers for the sake of the discussion. I assumed that was obvious, especially when I added the "keeping the math simple" part. 

Re: not every judge valuing the same thing the same way, isn't that exactly what they're supposed to do? I mean, within a reasonable margin of error, but yes, I do think every judge should value every thing roughly the same, otherwise why do we even have scores?

Again, the numbers I used were purely hypothetical for the sake of discussion. That literally was not my argument in even the slightest bit, as in 100% not even in the same ballpark.

I'm trying to answer the very second post in this thread, which asked what should we do if electronics make their way onto the sheets (probably under GE) and the power goes out at a stadium and a corps can't use power. 

Let's put my answer to that a different way. Tubas are 1/4 of the brass instruments. If any corps just decided one night not to have tubas on the field, the judges wouldn't dock the score by a quarter, they'd still evaluate the total score based on what the corps hands them. Same thing with electronics.

Scores don't ever get docked. DCI uses a build-up system (gonna be pedantic like Garfield now lol) 

Instead, the judge will assign points based on what he sees. Some will value things over others within a margin of error. But the football field is 100 yards, the things one judge sees will not be the same thing as the other every single time

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Late to the party.  What video interview is being referenced and where might one now be able to see/hear it?

The accusation that BD pre-taped and broadcast as if live  the baritone solo on the on field podium (in Fellini?) a few years back was poopahed by several BD supporters later on DCP but it's the same corps, same issues.

Edited by xandandl

44 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Late to the party.  What video interview is being referenced and where might one now be able to see/hear it?

The accusation that BD pre-taped and broadcast as if live  the baritone solo on the on field podium (in Fellini?) a few years back was poopahed by several BD supporters later on DCP but it's the same corps, same issues.

There's quite a difference between DCP BD supporters and actual members who've marched the show in question 

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

There's quite a difference between DCP BD supporters and actual members who've marched the show in question 

ok,  but it doesn't answer my question or give proof either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Scores don't ever get docked. DCI uses a build-up system (gonna be pedantic like Garfield now lol) 

Instead, the judge will assign points based on what he sees. Some will value things over others within a margin of error. But the football field is 100 yards, the things one judge sees will not be the same thing as the other every single time

I.....I can't tell if you're trying to agree with me or if you're actually not reading what I said about docking scores. My entire point is that scores aren't docked.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

In this threads Gar posted the video where Hopkins claims that some corps are recording/dubbing brass and playing those recordings back during performances.  He also talks about what SCV was doing with mics and has a vague reference to Bluecoats.

6 minutes ago, ouooga said:

I.....I can't tell if you're trying to agree with me or if you're actually not reading what I said about docking scores. My entire point is that scores aren't docked.

Probably a misunderstanding, sorry about that

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, xandandl said:

ok,  but it doesn't answer my question or give proof either way.

Proof of what exactly?