What goes around comes around

16 hours ago, LabMaster said:

How does one person on a design team "getting involved",  have that much influence on a program,  so as to have supporters (I assume you are a supporter) proclaim "you should see a very different direction for the Cadets this season".  It seems there are a few strong individuals on the Cadets team that would be fairly influencial,  particularly one who heads the whole thing up who sees himself as the head design person determining the direction of the Cadets.  Not that they wouldn't modify their direction, I just don't see any one person (new to this design team as well?)  as one who tips the scales in that regard.

If that "one person" has some ideas that are different (not good or bad, just different) than what the remaining design team members would have had, then it starts a "conversation" at the very least. Gets the design team thinking, and one idea could create an idea in another person. Just people in a room talking and bouncing ideas of of each other. With that, add a new perspective, and who knows where the ideas might go.

I mean look at what getting Rennick to SCV did for their percussion, or in another world, one dude, LeBron James, did for the Cavaliers when returning to Cleveland, or one person having an effect after a presidential election...

4 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

If that "one person" has some ideas that are different (not good or bad, just different) than what the remaining design team members would have had, then it starts a "conversation" at the very least. Gets the design team thinking, and one idea could create an idea in another person. Just people in a room talking and bouncing ideas of of each other. With that, add a new perspective, and who knows where the ideas might go.

I mean look at what getting Rennick to SCV did for their percussion, or in another world, one dude, LeBron James, did for the Cavaliers when returning to Cleveland, or one person having an effect after a presidential election...

I understand what one person can do however,  generally speaking, the one person who has the most influence is usually the one in charge, not a participant in the design process.  Unless everyone acquiesces to some point to someone.  Is Rennick not heading up percussion for SCV?  When there is design by committee, no one person has significant influence on a program to make a dramatic change in direction or programming as you infer was going to occur.  Unless that role is defined from the beginning and the design peers agree.  A true collaborative effort is most effective.  At least that's my perspective.  I do get all you are saying though.

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I understand what one person can do however,  generally speaking, the one person who has the most influence is usually the one in charge, not a participant in the design process.  Unless everyone acquiesces to some point to someone.  Is Rennick not heading up percussion for SCV?  When there is design by committee, no one person has significant influence on a program to make a dramatic change in direction or programming as you infer was going to occur.  Unless that role is defined from the beginning and the design peers agree.  A true collaborative effort is most effective.  At least that's my perspective.  I do get all you are saying though.

sometimes one person is the bus driver on the process, if nothing else, helping to get the conversations moving. Most corps seem to be a pretty fluid grouping of minds that mesh. in this case we're discussing one corps that seems to have one overriding force of personality that dominates the process, for good or bad.