The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 hour ago, Daave said:

"The terms of the probation include multiple steps for YEA! to take in order for its drum corps to participate in the upcoming 2018 DCI Summer Tour."

It they lays out all of the steps. 

That reads to me that they have a very short time to get these things accomplished.  2 Months?

If he left them in a bad way, this may be the hardest.

The YEA! organization must also submit a comprehensive financial plan and budget that clearly demonstrates its ability to participate successfully in the 2018 DCI Summer Tour while providing a safe and quality experience to its member students.

I think what you've boldfaced will be the easy part to comply with. That's accounting/money. The rest after that will be the real test that I think everyone will want to see properly handled and complied with as the primary goal.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dcas statement:

“DCA has recently learned of the troubling allegations made against a former director of a national drum corps.  In light of these allegations, DCA, will continue to monitor its policies and procedures to ensure the safety of all persons participating  in, or associated with, DCA.”

I expected more 

They're prolly more worried about saying too much at this point and saying something stupid that would draw them into a line of fire, Jeff. My hope and guess will be that something more substantive, focused, and spot on will come soon.

31 minutes ago, garfield said:

That’s not been the misunder...

oh crap. Not doing it. 

I wonder why DCI didn’t just give the Cadets a copy of DCI’s harassment policy?

I know of a corps who was placed on probation because their food program was subpar.

C'mon, now! Cookie salad's very sustaining and nutritious! :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

No mention of a gps tracker or radio collar on Hop to make sure he keeps his distance??

Shock collar? So what is DCI going to do to help ensure things will be safer for all corps. You keep looking one way and some bleeper will try to do something the other way

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

After bashing a competitor band circuit on his blog he went to JBC to watch their championships

Tone deaf your name just ain’t Jerry Sandusky

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You mean he’d show up at an event?  Holy crap.  There would be some major league heckling. 

Man.... Oh.... If that happened.... It's been years since I did any Grade A Heckling.... It would be too easy. :innocent:

• Haha 1