The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

28 minutes ago, ebo said:

I spoke to DCI and they are not in control of The Cadets.  . 

Well I'm glad we cleared that rumor if its out there on the internet. Fortunately for DCP, anyway, near as I can tell, nobody has said, nor suggested that here on DCP. either. My guess, Dan A, gets as good  a salary (  one of the highest perhaps in all of Drum Corps at the moment ), but if we asked Dan A., I don't think he'd tell us that he's interested in running a DCI Drum Corps, nor YEA,.... lol.. And we can be pretty  certain that when he signed up for his gig as Executive Director of DCI that he did not have as his duties to take on any member Corps future reclamation project either. So if anyone on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc is saying that DCI is " in control of the Cadets " or intends in the future to  be in " control of the Cadets : its just ridiculous. The Cadets are on " Probation " with DCI, not in " Receivership " with DCI..... LOL !!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ebo said:

Did you see she changed her story?  She recanted on a skype what she said to the reporter that Sean didn't see the texts or emails.  An investigation is going to clear this man and rightfully so.  He also was not a fan of GH and everyone that was there knows that too. 

What is the source of this information?

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

My guess, Dan A, gets as good salary (  one of the highest perhaps in all of Drum Corps at the moment )

Dan A = $ 114K. GH = $177K. Not sure how the others slot in there but it seems Dan would be underpaid for running a nearly $11 Million operations.

• Like 1

Just now, MusicManNJ said:

What is the source of this information?

Allentown News station @69 news.   She changed her story. What she said she told the news before originally was changed to she never showed him the texts or emails.  That is a recant on her story concerning Sean.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ebo said:

Allentown News station @69 news.   She changed her story. What she said she told the news before originally was changed to she never showed him the texts or emails.  That is a recant on her story concerning Sean.  

Well that would be news.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

Dan A = $ 114K. GH = $177K. Not sure how the others slot in there but it seems Dan would be underpaid for running a nearly $11 Million operations.

Dan is way underpaid!

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Well I'm glad we cleared that rumor if its out there on the internet. Fortunately for DCP, anyway, near as I can tell, nobody has said, nor suggested that here on DCP. either. My guess, Dan A, gets as good salary (  one of the highest perhaps in all of Drum Corps at the moment ), but if we asked Dan A., I don't think he'd tell us that he's interested in running a DCI Drum Corps, nor YEA,. And we can be pretty  certain that when he signed up for his gig as Executive Director of DCI that he did not have as his duties to take on any member Corps future reclamation project either. So if anyone on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc is saying that DCI is " in control of the Cadets " or intends in the future to  be in " control of the Cadets : its ridiculous. The Cadets are on " Probation " with DCI, not in " Receivership " with DCI..... LOL!.

Dan A. been there done that ( director of a corps ) and youre right I don't think he wants that job anymore...and IMO don't blame him..lol

6 minutes ago, ebo said:

Well I would hope they wold be as aggressive about promoting this bit of important context to the story as there were plastering the original story all over social media etc. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MusicManNJ said:

Well that would be news.

I think is was very significant and considering that she did complain about another person too, and action was taken against that person to where they fired him shows they took matter seriously there.  GH did this stuff privately and out of sight of the staff.  Many of the people who worked there claim they never saw this behavior in the office.   I also know some of the victims and they are 100% credible and honest people who had a lot of courage coming forward.  The whole organization was a victim of a control freak who thought he was bigger and smarter than everyone else.  

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Well I would hope they wold be as aggressive about promoting this bit of important context to the story as there were plastering the original story all over social media etc. Can't seem to find it anywhere.

What they did was updated the original story and changed what she said.  You would have to be following it very closely to catch the change and know she changed what she originally said. This happened in 2008, Sean and her had a good working relationship. I think what it proves is that she now admits that Sean never saw the texts or emails so if it was addressed to him in a serious matter you could only assume that she would have showed him to convince him of the seriousness of her being uncomfortable.  She admits she didn't show him when before she did.   The fact that she recanted that he saw the emails and texts is in my opinion proof that Sean does not remember her ever coming to him.