The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Understood, the problem was my boss didn’t think to come back after my first report to say it was being looked into but keep quiet for now. Think that was some contractors doing something shady security wise but was pre 9/11 so been a while to remember details. 

HR rules have changed a lot in 20 years

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wasn’t there a parting shot email from a person who resigned from USBands during the last marching band season?  I seem to remember reading it. 

Yes a very pointed one. Referenced several financial concerns 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You never know what actually happens in cases like this. I have had great band and winter students that don't make it through May camps. It happens , even to the best.

Let’s just say I trust what the exMarine told me about the medical condition which was the reason for leaving. They went to pick up the young person hoping to tell someone with Cadets they were sorry that #### happened like this. No one would talk to them and later found out the youth was being bashed and lied about. Told the exMarine about the current GH mess last week and got an eye roll in response. Either too classy to say what was on the mind or didn’t trust to respond. And yes not revealing gender of exmember or exMarine. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

So there is no misinformation, intended, or unintended, either here on DCP, or elsewhere as to whether or not DCI will be conducting an audit/monitoring of the current ( April 2018 ) and ongoing ( as part of the probation terms.. Sept.2018) financials within YEA, here are the direct words from DCI HQ. itself from their 4/11/ 2018 DCI HQ Press release. Posted on the DCI website at the moment:

" YEA ! Organization must also submit  a comprehensive Financial Plan and a Budget that clearly demonstrates its ability to participate successfully in the 2018 summer tour, while providing a safe and quality experience for its member students. DCI EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DAN ACHESON WILL SERVE AS THE COMPLIANCE OFFICER DURING THE PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND PROVIDE GUIDANCE AS NEEDED. "

( my interpretation ) DCI  HQ is conducting an audit of YEA's Financials. How the audit is conducted, and by whom, is not explained by DCI HQ.  As such, the process involved is unclear,.. However, what is unmistakbly clear it seems to me, is that DCI will be looking at the YEA organization through an audit of their recent and current financials ( April 2018 ) and as a follow up, will be monitoring those financials both now and through the initial probation Corps period that goes to Sept, 2018 time period . YEA needs a comprehensive plan,  and the submittance of a current and future budget ( thru to Sept, 2018 ) to DCI.. The press release give the hoped for sense ( imo ) that the Cadets audit, plans, budget will pass DCI's muster. But its worth noting that DCI is not asking for sinmply a good faith effort here to  be shown on the part of YEA either. It lays out in very specific terms what needs to be done in their audit ( Financials and otherwise ), and who needs to be satisfied ( DCI HQ ) that the layed out terms pass DCI HQ muster. The new YEA Chairman Doug Rutherford, assures a news reporter post 4/ 14, that he believes that YEA will be able to satisfy DCI's HQ financial ( and safety)  concerns at the moment, and as such, that the Cadets 2018 summer tour will commence as scheduled. I mentioned a few times above that I accept this optimistic assessment assurance from the new Chairman of YEA without reservation, as we await DCI's  own audit of YEA/ Cadets to see what they learn from DCI's own audit of the YEA/ Cadets organization.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

HR rules have changed a lot in 20 years

Key word here is security. Pull the crap this person did after 9/11 they could have been in jail. Then it was quietly not renew their contract next time. (Meanwhile they could still cause problems) IIRC they were caught digging into info that had nothing to do with their job. At least that is the part I reported

1 hour ago, Peel Paint said:

Yeah that rings a bell with me too. It was bizarre. I remember inferring that he seemed to think employees were expected to forsake life outside of YEA. His job announcements would get copied or posted here too. Now I'd guess his comments then were motivated by jealousy/frustration at one that got away.

It was discussed here then, since then and in this thread. They needed to travel overseas for a sick family member 

1 hour ago, Jim Schehr said:

Maybe one of GH strengths was financial management. 

I just spit coffee all over my screen. That's funny.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

So there is no misinformation, intended, or unintended, either here on DCP, or elsewhere as to whether or not DCI will be conducting an audit/monitoring of the current ( April 2018 ) and ongoing ( as part of the probation terms.. Sept.2018) financials within YEA, here are the direct words from DCI HQ. itself from their 4/11/ 2018 DCI HQ Press release. Posted on the DCI website at the moment:

" YEA ! Organization must also submit  a comprehensive Financial Plan and a Budget that clearly demonstrates its ability to participate successfully in the 2018 summer tour, while providing a safe and quality experience for its member students. DCI EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DAN ACHESON WILL SERVE AS THE COMPLIANCE OFFICER DURING THE PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND PROVIDE GUIDANCE AS NEEDED. "

( my interpretation ) DCI  HQ is conducting an audit of YEA's Financials. How the audit is conducted, and by whom, is not explained by DCI HQ.  As such, the process involved is unclear,.. However, what is unmistakbly clear it seems to me, is that DCI will be looking at the YEA organization through an audit of their recent and current financials ( April 2018 ) and as a follow up, will be monitoring those financials both now and through the initial probation Corps period that goes to Sept, 2018 time period . YEA needs a comprehensive plan,  and the submittance of a current and future budget ( thru to Sept, 2018 ) to DCI.. The press release give the hoped for sense ( imo ) that the Cadets audit, plans, budget will pass DCI's muster. But its worth noting that DCI is not asking for sinmply a good faith effort here to  be shown on the part of YEA either. It lays out in very specific terms what needs to be done in their audit ( Financials and otherwise ), and who needs to be satisfied ( DCI HQ ) that the layed out terms pass DCI HQ muster. The new YEA Chairman Doug Rutherford, assures a news reporter post 4/ 12, that he believes that YEA will be able to satisfy DCI's HQ financial ( and safety)  concerns at the moment, and as such, the Cadets 2018 summer tour will commence as scheduled. I mentioned a few times above that I accept this assurance from the new Chairman of YEA without reservation, as we await DCI's  own internal audit of YEA/ Cadets to see what they learn from its internal audit of YEA/ Cadets organization.

This is GREAT!  Thank you, Brasso, for not bailing out.  I respect you MORE for your willingness to discuss the facts!

I'm taking my family out to celebrate my wife's birthday but, when I get back and presuming my battery charges enough, I'd like to address your post.

And NO, I am NOT setting you up.  You are a well-versed person and even YOU get these facts wrong.  This is not the situation to let that happen so THANK YOU for letting me discuss your understanding of the release.

Please allow me to reply, post-birthday dinner. 

:lle:

'g

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, garfield said:

Well, this is easy.

Hey George Dixon, did you make a comment about hoping Cadets will "...pay down debt..." as if to inform us that, in your opinion, Cadets have too much debt?  Do you, by chance, know how much debt they have?  Either marginal numbers or even as a percentage of gross income?

Has anyone given you information that makes you believe debt-reduction should be a prime focus to right the Cadets' financial ship?

George...

57 minutes ago, garfield said:

OK!  I'm sorry you wilted so easily, but facts have a way of doing that.

I trust you won't mind if I correct your embellishments on the thread in the future.

I'm crushed, Brasso, really.  It takes formidability to gain as many posts as you have, but I guess you have to pick your conversations carefully when formidability is not exclusive.

You hold yourself up as some formidable whatever to me.. you flatter yourself too much... lol. I barely even think about your posts to the degree you apparently think of mine.. nor this " wilting " or whatever crazy thing you are peddling at the moment now as to what you think I'm doing. I am much more interested in the thoughts from people both here and elsewhere whose opinions and experiences in Corps over the years I trust and value. I can't help it if I don't include you in that company of those whose opinions/. thoughts I value. So do as you wish.. I don't care what you do. garfield... lol.

Edited by BRASSO