The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

I remember that day!!!! 

Guy next to me wondered if GH got his days confused. The corps did have a camp at Gettysburg College so mebbe GH thought this was a camp and clinic for the locals. And this was preseason. Musselman (just like the applesauce) stadium and only time I did that gig with Hanover. Also memorable for me as the train went by the stadium and guy rang the crap out of the bell as Lancers we’re doing their standstill. Later one of the Honor Guard guys wondered if it was his brother doing it.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Wow we were ALL there 

A quick trip from Baltimore.  LOL.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Yup and an early season fix. 

That it was!!!!  Cadets, Crossmen... Hanover Lancers on the alumni side.... I think the Old Guard was there one year.  Maybe the Marines, too?  Not totally sure about that.

Edited by Fran Haring

3 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That it was!!!!  Cadets, Crossmen... Hanover Lancers on the alumni side.... I think the Old Guard was there one year.  Maybe the Marines, too?  Not totally sure about that.

Old Guard was that year and Marines were at the middle school stadium year or so before. The show at the middle school was the first show I watched in 10 years and start of me coming back for a while so memorable. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Correct. Great memory. Good times 

Lol just remembered the Marine I mentioned earlier was there that year too with the family. Might have been where the kid got the urge to do corps. Someone in the family got a pic of me when trying out the new camera and I used that as an avatar here for a while

One of those Gettysburg shows was where I met the great John Simpson. 

He was there with the U.S. Air Force Bolling AFB drum corps guys, who were having a reunion. His car was parked right next to where Barbara and I were parked.  We struck up a conversation with him.... I had no idea what he looked like... when he told us who he was, I was floored.  The guy was/is drum corps royalty.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

That Gettysburg show was where I met the great John Simpson. 

He was there with the U.S. Air Force Bolling AFB drum corps guys, who were having a reunion. His car was parked right next to where Barbara and I were parked.  We struck up a conversation with him.... I had no idea what he looked like... when he told us who he was, I was floored.  The guy was/is drum corps royalty.

Mike Siglow introduced us at DCA first year at Annapolis and same thing happened to me. Felt like beer league sandlot player talking to a big league hall of famer. All I could think of BigW would kill to be here right now. Thank goodness John is one of the nicest people to talk to.

I was also thinking “please don’t ask me what I play in corps”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, ebo said:

We don’t want the victims to be discredited however.  

I’ve done some research.  

The WFMZ article is not the source, but rather the Philadelphia Inquirer article from the day before, which did not indicate that any text messages were shown to King. The WFMZ article came out the next day, penned by a different author who works for a different news outlet. Who may not have even spoken to Beyer herself.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1