The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Agree. Post a correction. Don’t update the article stealthily 

Absolutely.

Man.... in my radio news days, and days as an editor at a news website..... if we screwed something up, we made sure to make it known we were making a correction. With the classic "we regret the error" phrase. 

Of course, there is the time-honored "other technique"... especially in print... of putting the story on Page One, and the correction somewhere on Page 20.  LOL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have to agree.  I went back and reread the article and it has been changed.  

Just a few thoughts...you have to be absolutely truthful when making these claims.  No embellishments whatsoever.  It gives skeptics the opportunity to question your credibility.  The absolute truth is always the best option.  

Exactly and keep in mind this happened back in 2008. Who remembers exactly word for word what was said in a conversation back in 2008.  Those that know Sean know he is a stand up guy who is extremely professional. In fact he just does his job, He socializes with no one there other than work.  He is all business and a true professional.  He is the right man to take YEA forward and all that know him knows that he was no fan of GH. They stayed away from eachother.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, totaleefree said:

Their 8 day mini camp  in july might add some to it. But they cost quite a bit more than comparative DCA corps in that region. When you go to DCA corps far away from the Northeast some have high costs, but that is mostly for having to travel long distances to shows.

Yes- I also wonder if there are less overhead expenses or more external money coming in to help keep the costs lower in the NE for the rest of the DCA corps. I don't know. I do know the smaller the corps, it gets tougher in DCA for ends to meet since the staffs are about as big and paid about as much. C2 is a pretty big corps by DCA standards, though.

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Sheesh...if true then the old YEA BOD was paying a lot of money to Hopkins ($177,000 per year) and getting nothing for it. Seriously.  The guy apparently couldn't manage a budget, had no clue how to delegate and let his staff do their job, was alleged to have committed any number of crimes, and has now left The Cadets in a very difficult position. 

177k for inspirational speaker fees? :innocent:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Absolutely.

Man.... in my radio news days, and days as an editor at a news website..... if we screwed something up, we made sure to make it known we were making a correction. With the classic "we regret the error" phrase. 

Of course, there is the time-honored "other technique"... especially in print... of putting the story on Page One, and the correction somewhere on Page 20.  LOL

Yes and a man's reputation is at stake and this was a much different picture than she orginially stated.  I think she is just trying to save face now and back pedaling on what she said to protect her own credibility.  She truely was a victim but Sean stated 100% she never told him.  When she told YEA about another instance of abuse that happened there , they reacted and fired that person.  I think that gives a much different light on the picture that has been painted. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BigW said:

Only time heard him talk was at exhibition at Gettysburg Brass Band festival. He just kept talking about the show we were about to see and the corps. Just sounded like he thought it was a clinic for HSers or friends of Cadets instead of an exhibition show with other corps

36 minutes ago, BigW said:

Hey these top “designers” are expensive

Not everyday someone can create themes as meaningful as “Ten” or ideas as impactful as an Oprah tarp ;-)

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Only time heard him talk was at exhibition at Gettysburg Brass Band festival. He just kept talking about the show we were about to see and the corps. Just sounded like he thought it was a clinic for HSers or friends of Cadets instead of an exhibition show with other corps

I remember that day!!!! 

13 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I was there. I didn’t wake back up until the corps hit blastissimo 

• Haha 1