Sorry for any confusion it may be just as simple as that.

THis may be a little dated but I went to a show  on a Wenesday in 1988 at West Chester PA, that was a home show for the Crossmen at the time. The Bucs did an exhibition, because it was a weekday and they went on last,they had more holes than actual players, They went on following Garfield who were the defending DCI champs. I had a friend who had never seen a DCA corps before who was at that show with me and he asked me why were those guys so bad.  My conclusion from that was that it is probably better to not try to do a weeknight  show and miss out on some exposure than to show up half strength with limited rehearsal time. I think that is another reason Bucs might not do DCI. I think I remember Cabs alumni doing DCI championships or DCI East a while back though.  

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Seems that way also referring to the list of bullet points affecting MB one can say they affect all of DCA. What is the riff between dci and the Bucs & the Cabs don't see any love there? Usually we know by now the exhibition corps performing for us on Friday in Indy maybe I missed it, NorthStar Alumni seems ready.

there's no riff. it's just a huge lack of marketing and foresight from DCA. it's run like a shoebox business not like a real business. in the DCA hometurf there's at least 10 marching band circuits they could partner up with....and the only one that does anything is because that circuit is owned by the corps organization

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Nothing new about this and maybe riff not a good term. Through the years a lot of DCA Corps showed up at DCI finals except the Bucs & Cabs. In the Madison years we had Westshoremen several times, Steel City, Sunrisers that I remember. Now we get Atlanta CV, Gold at dci Southeast, Cadets2 in Allentown twice, Govies, Chops, MB in Minn but as far as I remember never Bucs or Cabs. It would not take much for either of them to show up at a Friday night dci show somewhere out east but never happens?

were they asked?

• Like 1

IIRC, the Bucs have performed at DCI East on one night or another- haven't they? That could have been a long time ago, though. I think Smoothie hits the nail on the head for the Cabs. I remember saying on this or another post there's not a lot of overlap if any where corps in the "Heart of DCA" have an open weekend when the DCI tour is even remotely near them. Once the Hershey show folded, A-Town is it around here. And if you didn't get tickets in February you're watching from an end zone and end up with a crick in your neck and your ears boxed from phasing. :huh: Pittsburgh is 200 miles from here, Erie a bit longer.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BigW said:

IIRC, the Bucs have performed at DCI East on one night or another- haven't they? That could have been a long time ago, though. I think Smoothie hits the nail on the head for the Cabs. I remember saying on this or another post there's not a lot of overlap if any where corps in the "Heart of DCA" have an open weekend when the DCI tour is even remotely near them. Once the Hershey show folded, A-Town is it around here. And if you didn't get tickets in February you're watching from an end zone and end up with a crick in your neck and your ears boxed from phasing. :huh: Pittsburgh is 200 miles from here, Erie a bit longer.

Bucs have done it a few times in the 90's and again in the last 10 years or so, and then C2 the last few years as well. 

and trust me when I tell you Westshore should never have gone to Orlando in 97

I am not an historian by any means but haven't missed many dci east shows and don't remember Bucs being there, could have though. Hersey was great they would announce that the folks on the fifty bought tickets way in advance. That show was filling in for the Dream many good memories.

I don't know if they were asked or not but somehow most of the other DCA Corps made/make it to a dci show or two. Am pulling for DCA and think they would want to put their best step forward with international exposure for Bucs & Cabs like Atlanta CV and the other DCA Corps that are streamed on FLO experience. Not trying to start any conspiracy just trying to understand the void. Hopefully after a 3 year drought DCA may have some media to sell being on BOX 5 this year isn't that what they do along with streaming. 

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bucs have done it a few times in the 90's and again in the last 10 years or so, and then C2 the last few years as well. 

and trust me when I tell you Westshore should never have gone to Orlando in 97

I know, Jeff. I know, I know. When I think of what I know, it makes me too angry and upset.

1 hour ago, BigW said:

I know, Jeff. I know, I know. When I think of what I know, it makes me too angry and upset.

shoulda been there

I definitely remember Reading at DCI East in both 2007 and 2008, but not since then...