Colts 2018

I was on the front row, 50 yard line for tonights show ... the Colts totally BROUGHT IT.  The energy of the corps is just amazing.  I love the show this year.  Keep up the effort ... can't wait to see the show many, many more times before Indianapolis.  

• Like 1

Really glad to see that score. Makes the tour that much more interesting to have some genuine competitive movement. But the Colts show is just plain good and engaging. And performed well.

It needs to keep getting better!

On 6/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, MisterA said:

Colts have an awesome hornline and drumline this year, probably both in their top 3 ever. However everyone in the top 18 this year have amazing hornlines. So in a year where they have one of their best hornlines and drumlines, they could still drop 2-3 places at semifinals this year. Colts biggest problem right now is a dreadful show design. 'The last 4 years or so, the Colts just haven't had the best designed shows, which is the reason they aren't even close to making top 12 anymore. And Corps they used to beat, like Mandarins, Academy, Blue Devils B, and Vanguard Cadets are all improving by stepping up their game, where as Colts seem to be starting to slip. I am wondering if they are starting to see a drop in numbers at auditions. I sure hope they can return to designing fantastic shows like the ones when they were making finals on a consistent basis. It almost seems like about the time Blue Stars returned to the top 12, Colts have only managed to make finals once since then, after having made it 7 of 9 years in the 90s-early 2000s.

To the contrary.  Since 2014, the Colts have been seeing steady or increasing audition numbers.  Controversial shows like 2014/2015 made the corps extremely desirable.  Since HW arrived, member retention had been the most solid it has in recent years, and new auditions have not decreased.

The corps has had rocky roads earlier in the 2000's, but a solid member experience provided by staff and wonderful ADMIN CAN'T BE UNDERESTIMATED.

Also, I would say the corps is experiencing an uptick in brass talent, which is usually due to higher auditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goodmello said:

To the contrary.  Since 2014, the Colts have been seeing steady or increasing audition numbers.  Controversial shows like 2014/2015 made the corps extremely desirable.  Since HW arrived, member retention had been the most solid it has in recent years, and new auditions have not decreased.

The corps has had rocky roads earlier in the 2000's, but a solid member experience provided by staff and wonderful ADMIN CAN'T BE UNDERESTIMATED.

Also, I would say the corps is experiencing an uptick in brass talent, which is usually due to higher auditions.

I believe 2018 actually brought the highest number of auditionees Colts have ever had, especially considering the new satellite camps. 

1 hour ago, Jarobe said:

I believe 2018 actually brought the highest number of auditionees Colts have ever had, especially considering the new satellite camps. 

That is a possibility.  I do know what 2015 was the highest to that date, and up to 2018.  They also had crazy retention.   An example was 21 out of 24 sopranos returned to 2015 from 2014... that was a crazy line, sound wise!

I’m not sold on the show design (yet, I hope), but there’s no doubt that the MMs are executing really well.

Still want to see how they match up with the rest of their presumed knack of the woods (Spirit, Academy, Troopers). In the meantime, congrats to them on two well-deserved victories over Madison.

Not just a victory over Madison tonight, a 1.2 spread! That’s pretty impressive! I see their ceiling at 13th this year, and potentially 12th if Mandarins weren’t producing such impressive numbers too. Still, gotta respect the Colts and what they are doing this year! I love the show! It’s in your face drum corps! 

• Like 4

I am absolutely LOVING what is completely no out of the Red Team this year!!!! The performance of the corps, the morale, the passion...it’s just FANTASTIC to watch! This show just continues to grow with each competition! I’m sure changes are in the works, and I can’t wait to see what they are! The cool thing to see is the confidence and “swagger” that the kids have now as they keep embracing their production. This week is a key week where they get to go head to head with Mandarins a few times. 

Does anyone know how they isolate the vocals they use as samples in the show? I've always wondered how that's done.