Heated 10-15 Competition

32 minutes ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

. . .but I've made this argument before, and have been shouted down. I'm in the minority on this one. I still think I'm right, but I know I'm outvoted.

I agree with you, but for a different reason.  I think for the lower WC corps especially, that extra performance date would make a lot of positive difference, both in the corps wallet and to the member experience. 

Mike

25 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

As far as I recall, the reason for gravitating toward a 12-corps final was to make sure all conceivable title contenders could perform their full routines head-to-head in a single evening, for the best possible conditions under which to determine a champion.  You may certainly contend that the optimal number might be different today (in either direction), but "the reason" still exists.

Hah - at this point, it should be a 2-corps Finals most years then.  Can't even remember the last time someone jumped from 3 to 1 on the final night.

Mike

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Hah - at this point, it should be a 2-corps Finals most years then.  Can't even remember the last time someone jumped from 3 to 1 on the final night.

Mike

DCI's first champion did

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Its rare... so exceedingly rare I do not know without first researching it... of the last time DCI has TWO Corps make DCI Finals that did not make it the previous season. Maybe several decades ago ? Not in modern times as far as I know anyway. With that in mind, if one Corps that did not make it last season makes it this season, only one Corps will be the one from last season that finds itself out of TOP 12 Finals.

1973 PR 14th, CAV 15th, BD 24th

1974 PR 11th, CAV 8th, BD 9th

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JAZZER said:

1976 Crossmen--, Cadets 14th

1977  Crossmen 12th, Cadets *13th [Bridgemen DQ]

1977 Guardsmen 16th, North Star 18th, Bridgemen DQ

1978 Guardsmen 11th, North Star 10th, Bridgemen 5th

Edited by JAZZER