Hattiesburg, MS - July 25, 2018

4 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Reporting you to DCI for hazing and abuse.

Ouch. But I gave him a choice... Ok, you're ok, I'm ok, we're all ok and everybody gets a participation ribbon.

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Caught a stream of SCV midway through ballad to the end. Still no new ending. Seemed like an off night for the euph soloists. Screaming notes came out clear. Overall just seemed like an off night for the group during what I saw at least. Everyone has them. Don't know how the first 2 movements were.

Edited by kinetic inferno11

24 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

I use an iphone app named NIOSH Sound Level Meter.  Indoor drumlines frequently get into the hazardous levels,  so i always wear earplugs indoors.  For drum corps i wear earplugs when they get into the hazardous levels.  Usually in the lot.  Sometimes if the stands are too close to the field.

It’s entirely unscientific but I go by feel. At the Renton, WA show The Academy and Batallion just blasted away so the earplugs went in. But the later corps like Blue Knights and SCV were comfortable to listen to without. It might psychoacoustics I was going by rather than actual decibel level, but it was enjoyable nonetheless 

5 minutes ago, fanman said:

It’s entirely unscientific but I go by feel. At the Renton, WA show The Academy and Batallion just blasted away so the earplugs went in. But the later corps like Blue Knights and SCV were comfortable to listen to without. It might psychoacoustics I was going by rather than actual decibel level, but it was enjoyable nonetheless 

Don't risk your hearing.  Get the app and use it.  It's free.

• Thanks 1