Backup Plan for TOC Chester?

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I REALLY don't want to drive 7 hours (round trip) tomorrow for a RAINOUT...I'm seriously thinking of skipping it and just considering my $128 ticket a donation to the cadets...I'm still going to Lawrence and Allentown anyway...

I'd probably go if they were having standstill performances...

I can't tell you how many people I know have waited( on weather) to buy tickets, especially a family. When money can't be returned or rain dates like wayyyyyyyy back in the day, (those were funny) for a family to chalk up hundreds as a donation and not see anything is not a good thing for many.

11 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I can't tell you how many people I know have waited( on weather) to buy tickets, especially a family. When money can't be returned or rain dates like wayyyyyyyy back in the day, (those were funny) for a family to chalk up hundreds as a donation and not see anything is not a good thing for many.

I feel bad for a friend of mine...I bought him tickets...he gave me money for them 2 hours before the show for his wife and himself AND the show got rained out...I honestly think he was looking at me to give him the money back...they haven't gone to a show since either...he made out like a bandit for several years before that when I bought him tickets for free...so I don't feel THAT bad myself about it...just a little bit...LOL

Edited by Liahona

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I feel bad for a friend of mine...I bought him tickets...he gave me money for them 2 hours before the show for his wife and himself AND the show got rained out...I honestly think he was looking at me to give him the money back...they haven't gone to a show since either...he made out like a bandit for several years before that when I bought him tickets for free...so I don't feel THAT bad myself about it...just a little bit...LOL

Yeah, it's an issue with many, like I said especially when a family forks out that much. Some friends and their kids went to Georgia just because at least it was a guarantee of a show instead of the local show in Florida, and they live there, which became If'y

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, Liahona said:

go to Talen because the acoustics are just phenomenal...there is an overhang and man do you get BLASTED with a wall of sound there...that's why I love it so much

Thought Towson State was great, not many shows there but it's built somewhat in the ground with no obstructions. Reminds me of a mini U of Michigan wish we could get a show there. Guess I can admit this now and did it with a clear conscience then. Knowing I would purchase any media dci offered after finals, but to wait to Thanksgiving pure torture (no mid-seasons downloads then).

I would smuggle my Grateful Dead recording gear in (where we just set up out in the open) never wear hats but a good place for mics. The  Towson Tapes were phenomenal. Think we were on the way to Maimi that year, wore them cassettes out. One time I left my small box going through security leaving Hawaii for work. Went back to get them, had East Coast Jazz cued, said to me you listen to some weird music. He said we thought there were drugs in the bag. Laughed and said it's embossed on the tape and took off. 

On 7/30/2018 at 6:23 PM, Liahona said:

I go to Talen because the acoustics are just phenomenal...there is an overhang and man do you get BLASTED with a wall of sound there...that's why I love it so much...

It is my favourite location. I've made the trek the last two years. Not too keen tomorrow, however, driving 3-4 hours from Alexandria for what may be a rainout. 

On 7/30/2018 at 6:06 PM, Liahona said:

I HOPE you are right...not sure if I want to drive almost 4 hours to a cancelled show...even though I paid the ridiculous price of $125 for my ticket...

I may just skip this show and enjoy the Lawrence, MA home show for BAC instead :-)

According to The Holy Name, there is a special place in heaven for generous folk like you who donate with those ticket prices for the sake of the kids marching...whether you see it or see it only in faith. Bless you o special one. :-)

37 minutes ago, PeterGibbons said:

It is my favourite location. I've made the trek the last two years. Not too keen tomorrow, however, driving 3-4 hours from Alexandria for what may be a rainout. 

I'm on the fence about it right now...

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

Thought Towson State was great, not many shows there but it's built somewhat in the ground with no obstructions. Reminds me of a mini U of Michigan wish we could get a show there.

Towson has a great stadium, and the town itself has undergone a renaissance in recent years, with a bunch of cool places to eat and so forth...  but parking is definitely a major issue at the stadium. 

It sucks that there are no shows there, because it's only 15 minutes from my house.  LOL.

Went to the Chester show in 2014... great venue. 

The only downside is that the surrounding city of Chester is not exactly Chamber of Commerce territory.  :tongue:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Towson has a great stadium

Seen the Cavies perform The Plantes there. Was great.