Final placement decided already...

1 hour ago, brians said:

I would not count out Blue Stars for a season ending push for 7th.  Last week they reduced the gap between them and Cadets to basically 1 point.  at one point this week within .9 (shaving .5-1.0 off this week alone)  If Blue Stars continue on this trajectory and are within 1 point or less going into finals... much can happen.  They have a lot of momentum right now.  

I agree with the rest of your predictions regarding BK, Phantom, Mandarins, Crossmen and Spirit   

I wouldn’t count them out either 

but that individual 1.25 gap was a tad suspicious with the one judge dumping the Cadets

so this weekend will matter 

5 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

While I think it is SCV's to lose there is a chance BD could catch them. Second and third could flip flop between BD and Bloo. Four through six is where the most change could occur. I don't know if any of these programs have a chance at the medal stand realistically but any one of them could nab fourth. Each program has its flaws although down the stretch in terms of visual design I think Crown has the most vulnerabilities. Those vulnerabilities just may rear their head down the stretch.

Top six is a good 2.5-3 points up on 7 on down they are all just that good this year.

I guess we are all about to see it play out! Should be fun!!!

Stop it.  

• Thanks 1

I think the Blue Stars could technically beat Cadets IF they max out their show. I think Stars have an overall better design by just a tad. They would really have to push hard and Cadets would need to have an off night. Stranger things have happened. I think it's unlikely but it is possible.

There's no way at this point that BD will get less than 2nd. Crown may even surprise us and nab the bronze. I think that is also unlikely but possible.

I'll go ahead and make my score predictions here and come back to it to see how I did.

12th Crossmen 86.75

11th Phantom 87.60

10th Mandarins 88.875

9th Blue Knights 90.1

8th Blue Stars 90.625

7th Cadets 91.725

6th Cavaliers 93.5

5th BAC 94.325

4th Crown 95.4

3rd Bloo 96.15

2nd BD 97.575

1st SCV 98.25

Edited by BoyWonder1911

I saw BD live this week.  Very impressed.  Not my favorite Devils program, but they are refining in a hurry.  They could come in 1st or 3rd, but I wouldn’t bet my paycheck against them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

Stop it.  

Bloo has beaten BD once this year. No reason to think that they can't again which is why I used the word could. Anything could happen next week. BD is great as usual but great in the same way as 2016. Great performers with a product that has flaws. Bloo has flaws as well. I guess we will see who can minimize those flaws the best over the next week and change

• Like 1

At this point we’re dealing with an entire season of judging , and the shows are being judged by the same judges that have seen all of these corps  many times before. When you get this late in the season and groups that have perform together multiple times and up in the same placement over and over again, with a spread of about a point, it is very unlikely that much will change from this point forward.

I just think that the top three are certainly set and have been set for at least the last two weeks. It’s going to be Santa Clara for gold, blue Devils for silver, and bluecoats for bronze.

I could see Boston climbing relatively  Crown to fourth place, but I don’t see them over taking them. That’s not the way I see it, I think they are the fourth best show on tour, but the judges don’t see it that way. 

Edited by MikeRapp

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

At this point we’re dealing with an entire season of judging , and the shows are being judged by the same judges that have seen all of these corps  many times before. When you get this late in the season and groups that have perform together multiple times and up in the same placement over and over again, with a spread of about a point, it is very unlikely that much will change from this point forward.

I just think that the top three are certainly set and have been set for at least the last two weeks. It’s going to be Santa Clara for gold, blue Devils for silver, and bluecoats for bronze.

I could see Boston climbing relatively  Crown to fourth place, but I don’t see them over taking them. That’s not the way I see it, I think they are the fourth best show on tour, but the judges don’t see it that way. 

You could very well be right. Time will tell of course.

Kind of agree with you RE Crown and BAC. I hate to think it this way but I have a feeling Crown is benefiting a bit from being Crown even with a less than stellar visual program and BAC is suffering from a bit of "are these news kids for real"-itis from SOME of the judges.

Regardless of placements though the entire top 12 it really is a great year. Such great quality from top to bottom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1