No tour for Pioneer in 2019

Just now, gregory11 said:

I believe they need time to locate those 2nd or 3rd cousins to fell those new positions.

Pioneer has failed to function in a manner that has brought on all that is coming down upon them

They are possibly finished as an active corps. Much is to be learnd from this, so stop piling on with your second guessing anklebiting and think in terms of what positive can be done to be sure this does not happen again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Because the current leader won’t give up the corps imo 

A corps director exists to serve the needs of the corps. For FAR too long at Pioneer, the corps has existed to serve the needs of the director. Roman should have been called out by DCI years ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluehull said:

Pioneer has failed to function in a manner that has brought on all that is coming down upon them

They are possibly finished as an active corps. Much is to be learnd from this, so stop piling on with your second guessing anklebiting and think in terms of what positive can be done to be sure this does not happen again.

Roman and the Blenski family is going nowhere. Watch for Pioneer Winds! They already compete in WGI Pecussion as Pioneer Indoor Perc

4 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Roman and the Blenski family is going nowhere. Watch for Pioneer Winds! They already compete in WGI Pecussion as Pioneer Indoor Perc

It's already been mentioned in another thread that Pioneer Indoor is run by a former Percussion Caption Head of Pio, that it's based in Romeoville, IL instead of Milwaukee, and that its BOD is completely different from that of Pio's now-former board.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

It's already been mentioned in another thread that Pioneer Indoor is run by a former Percussion Caption Head of Pio, that it's based in Romeoville, IL instead of Milwaukee, and that its BOD is completely different from that of Pio's now-former board.

Exactly.  I’ve known Adam Hill, asst band director at Romeoville high school and Pioneer indoor director, since he was a freshman at RHS.   I’m actually from Romeoville and I’m a graduate of RHS.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Pioneer indoor has very little connection to Pioneer drum corps. 

ONLY All the equipment and transportation (bus and truck) RB still has a controlling interest!

2 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

ONLY All the equipment and transportation (bus and truck) RB still has a controlling interest!

Do you have first hand knowledge of that because I don’t?  I thought they used Romeoville’s equipment.  I’ll have to message my son because he taught there for a long time before his career got really big. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

Unless RB personally owns those items and has a contractual lease agreement where the Pioneer BOD is paying to lease them, then it is not possible for him to have any "controlling interest" in those or any assets.  The very legal nature of an NPO is that no individual can own or control the org or it's assets.  They are a public entity goverened by a Board of Directors, who can make decisions about the assets - but not own them personally.  If the Board and the NPO were to ever disband, the assets must be transferred to another similar NPO.  

• Like 1