“Failure to Protect”

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

I don’t defend where I work. Read back a few pages. I defend my work 

My card used to have the name of your bank on it, too.  Different division, and you were forced to buy us, but "The Wells Fargo wagon is a-comin' down the track..."

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, that's not the only one, but I'm not here to start a war despite what some may think.

Ok but what picture to you have a problem with?

7 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One sentence threw DCI into an unfair and negative light? Just gone done reading pages that did that.

My bad i meant to remove "unfair" as in read pages of stuff that throws DCI in a negative light... 

And DCI is the corps right

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ok but what picture to you have a problem with?

The gif image at the top of the article.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who's connected to music performance will recognize the drumline shown as being an HBCU-style, if not an actual HBCU school.

Again, simply, why not choose one of the many posted videos of the corps at the center of the article instead of substituting a completely unrelated image?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, garfield said:

If you think that sound ludicrous, you clearly don't understand how DCI was structured.

The point of the article is that the way DCI is structured is idiotic. 

And DCI calling itself a governing agency is idiotic if it doesn't govern something as fundamental as this.

That's what most of us are discussing because we understood the main idea behind all of this information. 

Neither you, nor Acheson, nor anybody else gets to say "but what were we/they supposed to do" anymore.  It's past that time,.

Surely you understand that, which is why it's surreal to see most of your posts on the subject.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My bad i meant to remove "unfair" as in read pages of stuff that throws DCI in a negative light... 

And DCI is the corps right

Got it. 

And now you hit it on the head.  DCI was governed by the corps.

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

The gif image at the top of the article.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who's connected to music performance will recognize the drumline shown as being an HBCU-style, if not an actual HBCU school.

Again, simply, why not choose one of the many posted videos of the corps at the center of the article instead of substituting a completely unrelated image?

Yeah.....this is a real big problem. A news outlet using stock pics/visuals. That almost never happens. Poor DCI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance said:

The point of the article is that the way DCI is structured is idiotic. 

And DCI calling itself a governing agency is idiotic if it doesn't govern something as fundamental as this.

That's what most of us are discussing because we understood the main idea behind all of this information. 

Neither you, nor Acheson, nor anybody else gets to say "but what were we/they supposed to do" anymore.  It's past that time,.

Surely you understand that, which is why it's surreal to see most of your posts on the subject.  

Yes, I understand and agree.

Beginning in 2018, it's past that time.  Before then, not so much.

So others here need to stop asking for innocent heads to roll.

It shouldn't be surreal at all.  Am I the only one willing to defend the innocent until proven guilty?

What's surreal is that I'm, apparently, the only one here who's willing to for the betterment of the activity.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Got it. 

And now you hit it on the head.  DCI was governed by the corps.

WAS?  Keep reading that the only power DCI as an entity has is keeping Corps out of DCI sanctioned shows. Other than that it’s”we have a policy but if corps don’t follow it... well they can’t be in a DCI show.... and..... they can’t be in a DCI show”. 

It’s as if corps don’t want DCI to have more power because DCI might actually do something

• Thanks 1