“Failure to Protect”

Man, there isn't enough popcorn in the world for all this ####.

37 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

OK, to rephrase karuna's question:

Does a CEO who becomes aware of sexual abuse within his independent member organization have a moral or ethical duty to report those suspicions to the appropriate authorities?

I have asked that question for months.  G will not answer it.  Instead he bloviates about corporate structure.  

Because he knows the answer is truly damning.    He doesn't see that he's ENABLING abusers by defending Acheson.  

Standing by and doing nothing in the face of evil with the excuse "I'm just following orders" is an all-too-familiar refrain. 

You need to have the moral character to stand up and say NO THIS WILL NOT STAND.

Edited by karuna

45 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

OK, to rephrase karuna's question:

Does a CEO who becomes aware of sexual abuse within his independent member organization have a moral or ethical duty to report those suspicions to the appropriate authorities?

To the cold blooded all that matters is what is written down and It's a legal question. 

How they can seperate the human suffering that comes from this is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, garfield said:

My card used to have the name of your bank on it, too.  Different division, and you were forced to buy us, but "The Wells Fargo wagon is a-comin' down the track..."

right now it's spinning in it's own ####, trying to find it's way....just like DCI.

and let's split a hair here...DCI IS the corps. and the corps...which are DCI...allowed this stuff to go on for way too long and swept it under the rug if not flat out ignoring it. So yet again, their past is coming back to haunt them. Yes everyone wants to blast Dan and the office, but in reality, the Board...the folks Dan answers to....are the ones who allowed this mess to build up until it exploded. And yeah, they have rules now and flexed their muscles a little. But if anyone thinks this is going to be the last bomb dropped, they're more clueless than Tim Sloan

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

The gif image at the top of the article.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who's connected to music performance will recognize the drumline shown as being an HBCU-style, if not an actual HBCU school.

Again, simply, why not choose one of the many posted videos of the corps at the center of the article instead of substituting a completely unrelated image?

well...i'll gladly take some of the blame for that picture.

on article after article about YEA, pictures of the Cadets kept showing up, and several of us commented to tricia privately and publicly on social media to try and kee the current kids pictures out of it, as they did nothing wrong and in fact were paying the price for the former director and boards actions/inactions.

so my hunch is she kept to that approach here. otherwise she had a plethora of options to choose from

2 hours ago, garfield said:

Yes, I understand and agree.

Beginning in 2018, it's past that time.  Before then, not so much.

So others here need to stop asking for innocent heads to roll.

It shouldn't be surreal at all.  Am I the only one willing to defend the innocent until proven guilty?

What's surreal is that I'm, apparently, the only one here who's willing to for the betterment of the activity.

anyone that allowed to let it happen and is still in power...yeah heads need to roll.

didn't realize DCi didnt do background checks on judges after reading that article.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

WAS?  Keep reading that the only power DCI as an entity has is keeping Corps out of DCI sanctioned shows. Other than that it’s”we have a policy but if corps don’t follow it... well they can’t be in a DCI show.... and..... they can’t be in a DCI show”. 

It’s as if corps don’t want DCI to have more power because DCI might actually do something

or they'd make less money