“Failure to Protect”

Just now, garfield said:

So, now I call you on your #### and you call me Swamie.

My, how the Hindu turns!

i have a few ideas on how you can use your turban😎

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Turban or loincloth?

Seems they're very similar in make-up.  If you only have one, what do you cover?

:unsure:

which has more #### flow from it?😁

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

You’re not swami to me.  You’re a white knight. 

you didnt call me that ( hi JS!)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

so Cavies, a board member, didn't report they lost a venue because of a drum corps show happened with a nationally registered sex offender in it, one that most likely competed in shows with them as well as other DCI member corps? Oh and remember Dan was emailed about Larson too?

Were they outraged when he performed with JOBE in Indy at the HOF ceremony and semis? or had they forgotten by 2015? In fact, odds are Larsen performed ina  Cavies run show in 2013 with the Kilties......the season after Dan and all of DCA was informed.

You can try and spin it all you want...Dan Acheson was notified that a nationally registered sex offender was a member of a DCI affiliate corps, and for 2012 and 2013 performed in DCi banner shows, and they did not one #### thing about it. In fact the only thing done was people tied to the Kilties tried to threaten the whistle blowers legally.

You can't really defend it. Oh I am sure you'll continue to try as will others, but the bottom line is DCI WAS NOTIFIED AN AFFILIATE MEMBER CORPS HAD A MEMBER ON THE NATIONAL SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY PERFORMING AT SOME OF THEIR SHOWS WITH THEIR MEMBER CORPS.

you cannot defend it. Not one iota. To try and do so otherwise makes you as much of an enabler as they were. One can enable by willingly ignore it.

Kilties aren't "affiliated" with DCI, Jeff.  Lots of non-affiliated orgs perform at DCI (and apparently DCA) shows.

Doesn't mean they're "affiliated" with DCI.

Now, that said, at ALL DCI shows, ALL performing groups MUST be cleared by DCI.  Affiliated or not, it makes no difference.  Primarily to demonstrate insurance, DCI maintains total and strict control over ALL groups performing at DCI events.

This is fact.

Apparently, DCA isn't as conscientious.

Edited by garfield

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Kilties aren't "affiliated" with DCI, Jeff.  Lots of non-affiliated orgs perform at DCI (and apparently DCA) shows.

Doesn't mean they're "affiliated" with DCI.

Now, that said, at ALL DCI shows, ALL performing groups MUST be cleared by DCI.  Affiliated or not, it makes no difference.  Primarily to demonstrate insurance, DCI maintains total and strict control over ALL groups performing at DCI events.

This is fact.

Apparently, DCA isn't as conscientious.

funny, they have been listed in the yearbook as an affiliate member. So were they or weren't they? or do you just fill up a page in the yearbook with incorrect information?

and so then in 2013, despite the fact Morgan Larson was reported to Dan Acheson as a member of a corps performing at their shows, as a nationally registered sex offender...and per this above, they maintain strict control over ALL groups....well, it seems DCI didn't maintain quite as strict control as you claim in the words from you quoted.

So in essence, you've just ####ed your own argument. I appreciate the attempt though. or did their control, as strict as you say, not pertain to allowing nationally registered sex offenders from appearing on the same field as their corps?

19 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

funny, they have been listed in the yearbook as an affiliate member. So were they or weren't they? or do you just fill up a page in the yearbook with incorrect information?

and so then in 2013, despite the fact Morgan Larson was reported to Dan Acheson as a member of a corps performing at their shows, as a nationally registered sex offender...and per this above, they maintain strict control over ALL groups....well, it seems DCI didn't maintain quite as strict control as you claim in the words from you quoted.

So in essence, you've just ####ed your own argument. I appreciate the attempt though. or did their control, as strict as you say, not pertain to allowing nationally registered sex offenders from appearing on the same field as their corps?

READING COMPREHENSION!

I said at DCI shows, Swami.

Your mistake didn't change my argument one bit, now did it?

There is no proof that Dan A "didn't do anything".  In fact, there's first-hand knowledge that he did "act".  He just didn't act the way you think he should have.

And just to check, what "yearbook" are you talking about now, a DCA yearbook? :juggle:

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

yes it was mentioned on reddit, and you'll note that very little was negatively about the the Skyliners. I know, i read it and posted in there

I am not making a big thing about the Skyliners just pointing how drum corps gets dragged down because of previsions that happen in the schools. It's a sad state of affairs and outside of the GH issue, a lot of great corps Cadets included and good people in drum crops are left mopping up the mess they inherit from the high schools. dci has an insurmountable task dealing with this thorny issue and needs a direct path forward as well as protecting itself in every way possible since their very existence depends on a good relationship with the schools. It's a rock and a hard place.

Were  Kilties (including Larson) at any DCI shows?