“Failure to Protect”

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

The other shows are there too I can’t get a screenshot to post 

Ok, so you're saying that, because Kilties performed in a DCI show, Dan A was expected to ask the Kilties if they still have Larson on their performance roles and, if hearing "yes" he should have prevented the Kilties from performing in that show, right?

I 100% agree with that and find it reprehensible that Kilites were allowed to perform in a DCI show with Larson in their roles.

Now, Spatzzz has evidence that all I want is evidence and not hearsay.

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

I am not making a big thing about the Skyliners just pointing how drum corps gets dragged down because of previsions that happen in the schools. It's a sad state of affairs and outside of the GH issue, a lot of great corps Cadets included and good people in drum crops are left mopping up the mess they inherit from the high schools. dci has an insurmountable task dealing with this thorny issue and needs a direct path forward as well as protecting itself in every way possible since their very existence depends on a good relationship with the schools. It's a rock and a hard place.

What do you mean by this comment? School systems have their own vetting processes for every person who works with students, including volunteers, bus drivers, cafeteria aides, teachers, subs, etc. They have nothing at all to do with drum corps or any outside activity, be it music, sports, theater, SAT/ACT prep classes, whatever. 

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dan was notified via email at the same time the DCA President And Directors were notified

Well, can’t you produce the email (as well as proof Dan read it) and post it here, Jeff?  Otherwise it didn’t happen. 

/s

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

From the article the other victims were abused in high school and the abuser went into drum corps because of bad hires. 

How are school systems at fault for an outside organization hiring these people? I am not seeing that connection here. Some of these people lot their teaching licenses because the schools did their jobs properly, but the offenders were hired by drum corps anyway. Hardly the fault of school districts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

How are school systems at fault for an outside organization hiring these people? I am not seeing that connection here. Some of these people lot their teaching licenses because the schools did their jobs properly, but the offenders were hired by drum corps anyway. Hardly the fault of school districts. 

The key word being SOME. Others were caught red handed while being given the opportunity to "resign" so as not to cause a PR nightmare for said school district. They then were allowed to ply their "trade" as it were in other schools in the same state. It is correct to state that this is more than just a DCI problem. It is a problem in the pageantry industry as a whole including DCI, DCA, BOA, WGI, HS Marching Bands and Winterguards. If people are naive enough to think this is only a DCI problem we are all in for a lot of pain here soon.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, garfield said:

2013 DCI Tour Schedule directly from the 2013 Yearbook:

June 22: Merrilville, IN

June 26: Evansville, IN

June 28: Munci, IN

July 6: Michigan City

Nothing in DCI's schedule correlates to your Kilties schedule so, no, it's not accurate to say that, just because Kilties show a score on the days you list, that there was a DCI show they "obviously" performed in.

That's not stretching logic, that's... (wait for it)...

FACT CHECKING!

Swami.

LOL

Actually, DCXMUSEUM does show shows with the Kilties that line up pretty well with Jeff's list, just fyi. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Are you telling me that, this whole time, you thought I was defending Larson?

OMG

So, from now on, I'm going to make my header on every post:

I HATE LARSON AND BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY CASTRATED AND HUMILIATED IN PUBLIC

Then I'll make my point in defense of Dan A's career until and unless actual evidence is produced otherwise.  Tonight, for the first time since this thread was started, I saw ACTUAL EVIDENCE that Dan's office, in 2013, allowed an org with a known sex-offender to participate in a DCI show.

The First.  But it IS VALID.

Happy?

Now, I'll do what I do best...

Ok, cool. I don't always have time to go and read pages of back and forth between you and whomever you are arguing with.

Dan A is a good and decent man. I think he really, really cares about the activity, the members and its future and wants to do the right thing. Unfortunately he may not be the right person at this time to make that happen and for the good of the activity should consider stepping aside to allow a fresh face and new approach to take on the task of cleaning up this mess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

The key word being SOME. Others were caught red handed while being given the opportunity to "resign" so as not to cause a PR nightmare for said school district. They then were allowed to ply their "trade" as it were in other schools in the same state. It is correct to state that this is more than just a DCI problem. It is a problem in the pageantry industry as a whole including DCI, DCA, BOA, WGI, HS Marching Bands and Winterguards. If people are naive enough to think this is only a DCI problem we are all in for a lot of pain here soon.

I HATE LARSON AND BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY CASTRATED AND HUMILIATED 

Absolutely agree.

And I'm not being snarky.

Edited by garfield

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

Are you telling me that, this whole time, you thought I was defending Larson?

OMG

So, from now on, I'm going to make my header on every post:

I HATE LARSON AND BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE PUBLICLY CASTRATED AND HUMILIATED 

Then I'll make my point in defense of Dan A's career until and unless actual evidence is produced otherwise.  Tonight, for the first time since this thread was started, I saw ACTUAL EVIDENCE that Dan's office, in 2013, allowed an org with a known sex-offender to participate in a DCI show.

The First.  But it IS VALID.

Happy?

Now, I'll do what I do best...

Nobody thinks that.  I don’t hate anyone.  I just don’t think he should be around drum corps anymore.