The Essential Issue

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

BRASSO - everything I described is already happening. 

So, because you believe that there is a loss of individual freedoms and privacy protections in some areas of life now, you want to extend such loss of privacy protections to DCI so that DCI employers can track your non employment related activities 24-7 too ? Even if you are a law abiding citizen ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

So, because you believe that there is a loss of individual freedoms and privacy protections in some areas of life now, you want to extend such loss of privacy protections to DCI so that DCI employers can track your non employment related activities 24-7 too ? Even if you are a law abiding citizen ?

This is far from personal and a lot less intrusive to individual freedoms then you may envision. There is no one reading your posts, post to folks outside the targeted devices are ignored. There are two targeted groups. The MMs and staff & volunteers. Through an app the amonunt traffic between devices is analyzed and rated for potential grooming, there are firms that do that.  

38 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

This is far from personal and a lot less intrusive to individual freedoms then you may envision. There is no one reading your posts, post to folks outside the targeted devices are ignored. There are two targeted groups. The MMs and staff & volunteers. Through an app the amonunt traffic between devices is analyzed and rated for potential grooming, there are firms that do that.  

No employee should have his/ her non employment activities " tracked " by an employer as a condition of their hiring, nor while working there. No matter if its a tracking by the employer on what they say on social media, or whether or not the employee does volunteer work, belongs to a political party, drinks extra large glasses of sugary drinks, or attends church, synagogue, or mosque, or are non believers and sleep in,.  Or engage in ANYTHING outside of their employment that is legal. Its frankly, none of their GD business. If one is engaging in illegal activities apart from their employment, thats why we have Law Enforcement, and Prosecutors, and Courts. An employer should never be granted  extraordinary powers that go beyond that limited to the narrowest of the employer- employee relationship outlined in the understood duties of the position they were hired for. People who BREAK the laws should not be in the same category as law abiding citizens. The latter should not have to have their Liberties diminished because of the wilful wanton acts of the law breakers.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No employee should have his/ her non employment activities " tracked " by an employer as a condition of their hiring,

The tour is 24/7.  I respect your opinion. It is taking a step back from dci's stance 2 press releases ago. Where they require social media access and recommend the Corps do the same. It's the right thing to do and not invading on individual freedoms.

This is a boring and impersonal endeavor is done through a fancy spreadsheet likely Six Sigma. You are not proving access to personal information but allowing the app to track syntax, metadata, frequency, duration and time stamps between targeted groups. Numbers are crunched and units are red flagged. Late night communication, most interaction overall. That's it then boots on the ground can take over.

Edited by Bluzes

On 12/23/2018 at 9:45 PM, Bluzes said:

Privacy is only there to protect the guilty.

This statement brought me to a point where I had to post; on Christmas of all days!!! Here is a quote describing but one of a plethora of reasons why the innocent need the protection of privacy:

“My father and I were very close. I feel the pain of his absence every day, as does every son who has loved his father. There were a thousand secret private things between him and me that I alone had known and I alone will miss about the man who was my dad.”  - Daniel Krauthammer

People who believe that only the guilty are the individuals in need of privacy protection frighten me to the depths of my soul.  No-one outside of Daniel and his father, not his mom, nor his wife, nor any of his other family, nor his boss at work, nor his place of employment, nor the Government should be allowed access to the secret private things he shared with his dad.  And if our culture is moving toward a willingness to relinquish our innocent private matters for the sake of employment, the access to entertainment, or the laziness of voice activated internet, then we deserve to be thought-police-controlled by those who want that power of access over our lives!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2018 at 10:45 PM, Bluzes said:

Privacy is only there to protect the guilty. I for one had to do all this stuff for employment, including physicals. Having this out there as a requirement is a deterrent. Move & more Companies now are asking for HIPAA rights. Some unscrupulous Companies are secretly tracking your health through HIPAA rights granted for the pre-employment drug test. 

Drug test is one thing and putting anyone on full HIPAA rights is another.

Irony is talking about privacy being for guilty only yet many of us do not use our proper names to keep personal info protected 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stu said:

People who believe that only the guilty are the individuals in need of privacy protection frighten me

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you sir and everyone else on GLP. I feel your pain about the reality of privacy and personal freedoms in the world today. It's not just you but in general, if it makes folks on DCP more aware of issues and more importantly helps dci run a safer tour, I am glad to play the villain. Its a pattern here that I can live with.
My statement, privacy is only there to protect the guilty. Then your statement. People who believe that ONLY the guilty are the individuals in need of privacy protection frighten me.
It's not me that anyone needs to be frightened of, I am just a realist. My statement did not say that the guilty are the "ONLY" ones that need privacy. The rest of the post described where and how that statement rings true that our privacy is compromised more and more by every new (make our lives better) electronic gadget that comes our way. Everything is spying on us recording our household conversations, watching us watch TV and now our cars are spying. I am demonstrating that everyone's privacy has been breached and nowhere near what is afforded to us in the Constitution. 

Let me expand not only is our remaining privacy there to aid the guilty. Privacy is a commodity a business for a firm to alter your digital footprint erase your past because the guilty are the individuals that have to most to loose in today's non-private society. My lifes an open book they can spy all they want, it's the guilty that fear this, fear them not me.

Ya this isn't North Korea.  Thinking that privacy is only there to protect the guilty is scary in the extreme.  That's not a slippery slope that is a waterfall.  No one who has ANY regard for history and what it's taught us would want that. 

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you sir and everyone else on GLP. I feel your pain about the reality of privacy and personal freedoms in the world today. It's not just you but in general, if it makes folks on DCP more aware of issues and more importantly helps dci run a safer tour, I am glad to play the villain. Its a pattern here that I can live with.
My statement, privacy is only there to protect the guilty. Then your statement. People who believe that ONLY the guilty are the individuals in need of privacy protection frighten me.
It's not me that anyone needs to be frightened of, I am just a realist. My statement did not say that the guilty are the "ONLY" ones that need privacy. The rest of the post described where and how that statement rings true that our privacy is compromised more and more by every new (make our lives better) electronic gadget that comes our way. Everything is spying on us recording our household conversations, watching us watch TV and now our cars are spying. I am demonstrating that everyone's privacy has been breached and nowhere near what is afforded to us in the Constitution. 

Let me expand not only is our remaining privacy there to aid the guilty. Privacy is a commodity a business for a firm to alter your digital footprint erase your past because the guilty are the individuals that have to most to loose in today's non-private society. My lifes an open book they can spy all they want, it's the guilty that fear this, fear them not me.

You really believe that?  Because I can assure you I could twist and turn everything you do into a negative.  BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

9 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

You really believe that?  Because I can assure you I could twist and turn everything you do into a negative.  BTW Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

Believe what,. That privacy is not a commodity, that what Fred did for his buddy was not buying Privacy. Creating a false reaility about his buddies past. That electronic moniting is not accuring across the board in our lives. That it's not a good thing that dci went to social media monitoring. By all means twist and turn all you want, I just want a better dci but lately I can't tell what DCP wants. What is more important continually bashing one poster who doesn't bash back or working together for the MMs.