Pioneer News From The Top – December 22nd

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's not kicking the can down the road...it's do what we want or you stay suspended

To clarify, I meant will DCI just leave the suspension in place until Pio comes up with a solution that they'll accept (essentially leaving the door open and saying "Come back to us again after the 2019 season with a better plan that doesn't involve anyone named Blenski involved in the operations of your corps") or do they take more definitive action and say "That's it, you're done, no soup for you and and you don't get to ask to be let back in".

8 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

You would think someone with a little inside knowledge would be able to give everyone an idea of what direction DCI is leaning on that front. That being said, I know what I would do if I were DCI.

Actually, now that I think of it, I'll bet KG knows. :tongue:

10 hours ago, Galen said:

To clarify, I meant will DCI just leave the suspension in place until Pio comes up with a solution that they'll accept (essentially leaving the door open and saying "Come back to us again after the 2019 season with a better plan that doesn't involve anyone named Blenski involved in the operations of your corps") or do they take more definitive action and say "That's it, you're done, no soup for you and and you don't get to ask to be let back in".

Argee What other option does DCI have anyway other than you can't come in until you play nice...and keep that one kid out cuz he messes it up for everyone 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

they will leave the suspension as is until their terms are met. DCI isn't in the business of wanting to kill corps, so the door is always open pending the required changes

• Like 1

I AM KGACUS

• Haha 1

Gotta watch those short baris lol....

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Gotta watch those short baris lol....

wrong KG. He's referring to KG from the Drunk Corps International Podcasts

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Argee What other option does DCI have anyway other than you can't come in until you play nice...and keep that one kid out cuz he messes it up for everyone 

Yes.  But there can be variations on that same theme.

Based on past DCI precedent, one can imagine they could wield probations, suspensions of various lengths of time, and/or revocation of member status.  There are also several different levels of participation (world class, open class, Soundsport, international, all-age) which have different requirements and evaluations for eligibility.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Mission accomplished. 

How so?