TOC - Chester 2019

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Which means about an hour or more depending on traffic.

Yeah BUT you don't need to EPL or move the food truck.  It's just a trip to perform and return back your DCI East site for a few days.  Time-wise that breaks even (or even gets you ahead depending on your luck with traffic).   I know Crown has been moving into Raub (and now Nazareth) early and then commuting to West Chester and/or TOC-Chester for quite a few years and it's worked well for them.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, karuna said:

Yeah BUT you don't need to EPL or move the food truck.  It's just a trip to perform and return back your DCI East site for a few days.  Time-wise that breaks even (or even gets you ahead depending on your luck with traffic).   I know Crown has been moving into Raub (and now Nazareth) early and then commuting to West Chester and/or TOC-Chester for quite a few years and it's worked well for them.  

Okies- so an hour plus run on the road isn't thought of as a big deal for scheduling and time? Just curious. 

15 minutes ago, BigW said:

Okies- so an hour plus run on the road isn't thought of as a big deal for scheduling and time? Just curious. 

Not if it ends up getting you more floor time and more rehearsal time.  The biggest downside is getting caught in traffic and being late to the show.   That happened at West Chester once or twice.  Scheduling is always a balancing act.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, chaddyt said:

Apologies if this has already been brought up or discussed elsewhere, but DCI's lineup for the Chester TOC show next summer includes just six corps:

SCV, BAC, Cadets, Cavies, Crossmen, and Jersey Surf.

Any ides if this lineup will be added to, or are most corps schedules set for next summer?

YEA! Will sell out that stadium with that line up and make more $$$$ IMHO 

and it’s still a great show with five of the top 12 and the defending champ 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

and it’s still a great show with six of the top 12 and the defending champ 

Wait, Jersey Surf, top 12 ... Did I miss this?

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

and it’s still a great show with five of the top 12 and the defending champ 

Having Cadets, Crossmen and Surf there are important to that show.  But a good portion of ticket buyers are people who can't / won't spend two nights in the stands at JB Crum and instead get a top 6-7 preview show head-to-head instead of split up.  And they were willing to pay a premium for that opportunity.  Hope they can sell out Talen but that is not a great line up for a Chester show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Having Cadets, Crossmen and Surf there are important to that show.  But a good portion of ticket buyers are people who can't / won't spend two nights in the stands at JB Crum and instead get a top 6-7 preview show head-to-head instead of split up.  And they were willing to pay a premium for that opportunity.  Hope they can sell out Talen but that is not a great line up for a Chester show.

Disagree. When you take the local draw corps and add SCV to the mix plus Cavaliers and BAC you have a very strong line up. You could literally have two of the top three and four of the top six corps at the contest 

It's a decent lineup, but not as strong as previous years.  I've been trying to make Chester my new annual show in place of Allentown, but it's hard to justify it with the lineup as is.  I want to see as many corps live as possible.  

As of right now, six isn't cutting it - regardless of where they placed last year.

• Like 2