GlassmenBtone

I think George Hopkins is innocent

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

As I have said...BOTH can be true...with that said sometimes when posting online one has to really think IF they are being played...just sayin!

and I have said, maybe alumni sought them out. Convinced the women to lie? Not a chance.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

they have nothing to gain ( other than finally being heard and hopefully peace ). It's not like GH was some famous figure. In our tiny world maybe,  in the grand scheme of things NO

yeah there's no money in it or he wouldn't be suing YEA

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

If the women are telling the truth then what does it matter who is conducting the investigation 

GHs hand picked board is going to have a full impartial investigation of their boss. If you believe that I have some swamp land to sell you. Why do you think DCI wants members to report wrong doing to DCI and not “keep it in the corps” ($1 to rb)

Not to mention the appearance of a rigged investigation in an activity where appearance affect recruiting and fund raising.

seriously where I work you first report abuse to immediate boss. If you don’t trust that there are channels to go outside of your organization. Same idea with yea.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

they have nothing to gain

In my opinion the attention these women are getting is enough of an incentive for them to go public with their accusations

  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GlassmenBtone said:

... I would accidentally sleep too close to a gay color guard couple and wake up to some of the most horrifying noises I've ever heard ...

G bugles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

In my opinion the attention these women are getting is enough of an incentive for them to go public with their accusations

Sure getting called liars and part of a conspiracy is a great incentive. Big reason why lot of abused women do not come forward.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GlassmenBtone said:

No I'm being serious. I tried to find an example of false rape accusers being convicted of perjury on Google just now and couldn't so would love it if you could enlighten me

That's odd.  I found quite a few such instances on Google with very little effort in a short period of time.  That said, perjury charges may be uncommon in such cases and something prosecutors are often reluctant to pursue.  However, perjury is far from the only repercussion that one faces for making a false accusation.  In addition to other crimes they could be charged with, they could be subject to civil suits, their reputations ruined, careers affected, and so on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sure getting called liars and part of a conspiracy is a great incentive. Big reason why lot of abused women do not come forward.

I guess that's just where me and you disagree. I need more than just someone's word to believe something happened

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GlassmenBtone said:

I guess that's just where me and you disagree. I need more than just someone's word to believe something happened

It’s one thing not to believe or try to keep any open mind....

its quite another to say you think people are lying or part of a conspiracy....

personally I’m waiting for the trial as seen too many PSU parallels to be unbiased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

That's odd.  I found quite a few such instances on Google with very little effort in a short period of time.  That said, perjury charges may be uncommon in such cases and something prosecutors are often reluctant to pursue.  However, perjury is far from the only repercussion that one faces for making a false accusation.  In addition to other crimes they could be charged with, they could be subject to civil suits, their reputations ruined, careers affected, and so on.

I tried again to find something on Google and got this article instead. Unless you think thehill is some rape apologist rag.

 

"Right now, accusers who lie about sexual abuse are criminally liable for filing a false report and perjury, as well as civil sanctions for defamation, but legal consequences rarely occur."

https://thehill.com/opinion/civil-rights/411905-is-it-time-to-punish-deliberate-false-accusers?amp

 

legally speaking women have little to nothing to lose by falsely accusing a man of rape

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.