Let's Play A Game - You Can Only Go Forward

17 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Nope. like when you try and compare the NCAA to DCI, you're trying to mix apples and oranges...actually avocados and squash.

In your opinion you see that as fact. In that I will agree.

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

oh I know! She is bummed PJ Masks aren't there yet....but now with Vampirina and Fancy Nancy meet and greets game over....and she told me she'd give Chewie a hug

Sounds like you are describing the basis for a modern drum corps show design concept.

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

ok so I got bored. who said anything about trends being imposed? Trends develop on their own. Judges aren't told what scores too give. They are told to rank and rate and make sure the commentary matches the number and the criteria on the sheet is applied. Thats it.

as i have said several times, if a corps jumps from 82/81 on a sheet and next time out they go to a 90/89, yeah a caption head may look into it. if the commentary lines up...not an issue, especially if it's the same for everyone else at that show. if that doesn't line up, there may be a discussion on properly aligning commentary to the number given. Don't rave and call something the best and then give 7's. Don't be a grump on the tape then give a 92. 

But nowhere did I ever say anything about trends being imposed on the judges. You want to judge where you're told what scoring range you can use, go to USBands. That's the only place i know of where anything score is imposed.

Does not matter whether the trend police act before or after the fact.  It is still an imposition to presume that scores should always come in trends.  And treating every exception to trend as an allegation of high crimes and misdemeanors sends a clear message to judges what NOT to do.

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Sounds like you are describing the basis for a modern drum corps show design concept.

Disney Junior shows have some decent music. If Vk was still around......oh and the licensing fees wouldn't be brutal

11 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Does not matter whether the trend police act before or after the fact.  It is still an imposition to presume that scores should always come in trends.  And treating every exception to trend as an allegation of high crimes and misdemeanors sends a clear message to judges what NOT to do.

no it's not. They watch for outliers. It doesn't mean they are wrong. if the judge can validate it, no problem move on. As I have said, oh a dozen times now. Not sure why that's so hard to grasp.

11 hours ago, karuna said:

Avocado and squash is a great mix!

Roasted-Butternut-Squash-Tostadas-with-A

well i lost my appetite

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Disney Junior shows have some decent music. If Vk was still around......oh and the licensing fees wouldn't be brutal

Didn't Magic have a deal with Disney at one time, or is my memory fuzzy?

Just now, Stu said:

Didn't Magic have a deal with Disney at one time, or is my memory fuzzy?

i think for a tiny bit of time. fuzzy here as well