Sign in to follow this  
Ediker

The Next Can of Worms

Recommended Posts

Does the activity have a problem of some gaining an advantage by using performance enhancing substances?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 84BDsop said:

How would that even work???

The only thing I can think of would be endurance enhancing substances. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for endurance pills

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Incognito365 said:

The only thing I can think of would be endurance enhancing substances. 

I don't see something like blood doping helping much....certainly not at the top levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

How would that even work???

Drum corps is often described as an athletic activity.  Athletes are often drug tested.  It's conceivable that certain substances can increase alertness, endurance, oxygen utilization, etc... all things that could provide an advantage in this activity.  

Edited by Ediker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 84BDsop said:

I don't see something like blood doping helping much....certainly not at the top levels.

Me either, but I think this is all just speculation anyways. I don't see anything helping either. Healthy diets maybe, but no substances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Does the activity have a problem of some gaining an advantage by using performance enhancing substances?

Haha absolutely not. There's more of a concern for just giving these kids enough to eat than them doping up for band.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Haha absolutely not. There's more of a concern for just giving these kids enough to eat than them doping up for band.

I'm not saying at the organizational level, but at the individual and small group level.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.