What happened to Madison?

47 minutes ago, Stu said:

Somewhere down the line, Instead of teacing many of our youth the nobilities of self sacrafice, honor, delayed gratification, patience, wisdom, consequence, vertue, convent, the true meaning of success, and holding them to that standard, our culture has allowed them to develop their own sense of narcissistic, twitter, Facebook,  Machiavellian, no consequence, immediate gratification no matter what perverted definition of success.

Wow, that is just about completely the opposite of what I have seen in general terms my entire career working with young people, and I am almost 66...started working with bands in 1971, as a college freshman, and am now a substitute teacher in my new home district. Sure, there are examples of what you said, but kids today, in my view, work VERY hard overall. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That post is a caricature of the boomer generation. 

Years to come, when you are old, and I am dead, wisdom, not knowledge, but wisdom shall be in your soul. And when that time comes, please remember this boomer.

4 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Wow, that is just about completely the opposite of what I have seen in general terms my entire career working with young people, and I am almost 66...started working with bands in 1971, as a college freshman, and am now a substitute teacher in my new home district. Sure, there are examples of what you said, but kids today, in my view, work VERY hard overall. 

Stu is right on the money. 100% correct.

Edited by FlamMan

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Years to come, when you are old, and I am dead, wisdom, not knowledge, but wisdom shall be in your soul. And when that time comes, please remember this boomer.

Breaking: Old guy thinks younger generation is no good. More at 8

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Aw shucks; here I am competing in the Little League World Series. I am hating they way the batting coach is treating me here at Peachtree, I am having a bad experience, my self esteem and feelings are getting hurt; so I will just transfer for my final season to the Honolulu team where I will be more appreciated and happy as player there. Ummmm.... Not going to be allowed to happen.

aww gee here i paid thousands of dollars, and ya know what...this place isn't for me. Why the #### should I be forced to stay there when it was not the best situation for me?

They shouldn't. Ergo, your idea fails.

8 minutes ago, Stu said:

However, my comment was in direct reference to what if a youth actually did make the wrong choice.

I did not see that in reading backwards through the posts. 

I did see this that you replied to a few pages back...which does not speak to any value judgements on right or wrong choices:

"Unnecessarily inflicting suffering on youth is not the kind of suffering I want youth experiencing.  I want youth to chose their own path.  Mandating that they cannot march where they want seems to be exactly that."

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Read the chapter, then make your decision. You might be surprised!

I've read your works on here for years. Same song, different tempos

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I am deep into the educational environment also. And I never said they were lazy; in fact many do work very hard. Many are vry intelligent.

But working for their own gain irrespective the impact on others, the it is about me not we success, look at my reaction videos, follow me on twitter. Not doing anything sacraficially for anyone besides themselves. That is what our culture has taught them instead of the aformentioned vertures in my other post.

21 hours ago, Stu said:

I would venture to say that in the grand scheme of the real world, the Little League World Series is way more important, serious, impactful, significant, earnest, et al than DCI even dreams of being. One tell tail sign is how many fake birth certificates are attempted to be slipped by DCI compared to the Little League? That answer alone will show the real world experience impact.

And I did look into not only the AAU, but the NCAA, and a multitude of state high school associations. The athletic transfer issue is extremely problematic with wide spread cheating and corruption. Like I stated in another post, in most cases I am for academic freedom of choice. But in the case of athletic competition, where equibility is paramount for fair engagement, enrollment and recruitment rules need to be strict.

and at the high level of NCAA sports, those kids are getting scholarships that pay for their schooling. DCI has no such option.