Open Innovation and The Cadets

For years, I’ve appreciated your insights too. Wise and incisive.

So many people love this corps and the activity so much. My hat is off to all of you. 

But most of all and as always, I am in awe of those who have ever and especially who now wear the uniform and carry forward the tradition of innovation and excellence. 

• Like 4

Well said, 87cadet!!!  

Really thoughtful and, like xandandl has already mentioned, a lot of what you have said definitely merits consideration, at the very least. IMO, several of the paragraphs could be topics for separate threads.

• Like 2

a lot of good things. i will say knowing several alumni, engagement with that base is better than it has been for YEARS, and they know more work needs to be done. But it has improved.

a lot of back end things may need to take priority before the on field product can truly shine. the new CEO of YEA hasn't even been on the job for a year, and to get good people in there and give them to work on things takes time, which is an understatement when you consider the revolving door that was YEA employment.

tat said show design wise, we get it...we know it....move on from the elephant in the room, and messaging period. 

I have never met you, but I can say that I am really appreciative of what you brought to the organization and am deeply grateful that you took the time to write this. I hope those in power will take notice. 

• Like 8

Well said!  👏👏👏👏👏

Thank you for offering solutions rather than just reiterating the problems. Openness.  Inclusion, and positivity are sorely needed.   And putting egos aside would be a huge step forward, too. Lots of egos in this activity.  Not just The Cadets. I was once asked why I didn’t attend a manager’s meeting and my response was that I didn’t think there would be enough room for me with all those egos. 

• Like 7

2000. I know you’ve seen ineffective design and wasted talent in your first year, and how it changed in 2000. 

Regarding open innovation, no reason why returning and even potential MMs can’t be involved in contributing ideas. 

The Toyota my son drives to high school has 210k miles on it in large part because they learned not top down edicts as management, but empowering everyone in the organization to create and innovate. 

It’s called Kaizen. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaizen

Although I don’t worship guns, nor think the 2nd Amendment meant every man woman and child then or now must constitute the “militia”, .38 Special figured it out too:

”...hold on loosely, but don’t let it go / if you cling to tightly, you’re gonna lose control”

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Well said!  👏👏👏👏👏

Thank you for offering solutions rather than just reiterating the problems. Openness.  Inclusion, and positivity are sorely needed.   And putting egos aside would be a huge step forward, too. Lots of egos in this activity.  Not just The Cadets. I was once asked why I didn’t attend a manager’s meeting and my response was that I didn’t think there would be enough room for me with all those egos. 

yup

• Like 1