Centerville, OH - Monday, July 29, 2019

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Alright, BD won on Friday and Sunday, and Bluecoats Saturday, who wins tonight? 

I love how tight it is, keeping me on my toes.  

You and me both brother. BD and Bloo are throwing haymakers. 

• Like 1

Radar shows a line of storms in western Indiana headed east, likely to arrive around 6:30 p.m., I'd guess, and last perhaps an hour? I'm no meteorologist.

26 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Alright, BD won on Friday and Sunday, and Bluecoats Saturday, who wins tonight? 

I love how tight it is, keeping me on my toes.  

I think it will be Bloo tonight.

I would say why, but I think I would get flamed for divulging my reasons.

But truthfully, I don't have a clue.

• Like 4

With no other corps that have finished in the top 6 this year...this will be a true dogfight for captions!! Ali vs. Frazer (although I think they one faced each other 2 times, maybe 3....)

Go Bloooo!!!! 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Prtzdle said:

With no other corps that have finished in the top 6 this year...this will be a true dogfight for captions!! Ali vs. Frazer (although I think they one faced each other 2 times, maybe 3....)

Go Bloooo!!!! 

I would take the results of this one with a grain of salt. It is so close that I believe if it was a full panel with two music analysis judges and 4 ge judges, bloo would have won yesterday. This is a normal sized panel with no other corps to take caption so if there is a very close result again, it would be hard to know who ACTUALLY won.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

I think it will be Bloo tonight.

I would say why, but I think I would get flamed for divulging my reasons.

But truthfully, I don't have a clue.

Hey it's ok brother! Everyone knows i am a BD homer but i think it will be Bloo tonight as well. Just for the simple fact it's Bloo's turn to counter punch BD's body blow from last night. Ali/Frazier Thrilla in Manila!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Hey it's ok brother! Everyone knows i am a BD homer but i think it will be Bloo tonight as well. Just for the simple fact it's Bloo's turn to counter punch BD's body blow from last night. Ali/Frazier Thrilla in Manila!!

I'll just say it.  I think that with the extremely tight numbers, the line-up and time slots last night gave BD an ever so subtle edge (in addition to their already existing good chance to prevail).

I don't usually suggest that time slots matter much, but being separated from the end of the night by 4 spots and from the closest competition by 2 was a disadvantage that had me fully expecting the outcome that we got.

Tonight they are both head to head and at the end.  It will be easier for judges to compare directly and I would expect a shift toward the numbers that we had been seeing previously.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 4

Centerville gets weaker every year.  We are all happy to witness the Blue Devils and Bluecoats in their battle royale but the rest of the field won’t make Finals.

Edited by ThirdValvesAreForWimps