DCI Open Class World Championship Prelims - 8/5

40 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Maybe it's because I grew up in an area with little to no influence from DCI/WGI in terms of percussion instruction, but I'm blown away at how many solid drummers there are across the board down to the lower classes in both activities.  Not to mention the insanity that is California HS drumlines.  

Yes, the So Cal indoor circuit is incredible, both high school and independent.  Over 100 drum lines, plus another circuit below that.   Now,  if we could just get those kids (and guard kids)  to stay home and march with Pacific Crest, they would be in finals no doubt.

• Like 1

I saw some folks complaining about this field.  While we’re waiting, I have a story about being a Div 2 parent from ‘99 to ‘03. 

We got to the field in Westminster, MD for prelims in 2000.  The grass was probably 8 inches high.  A DCI volunteer who is a friend of mine got on a riding mower and mowed that cow pasture so the kids could march. 

So this field looks great to me.

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

Let’s just say there was one show that was “lucky” to be rained out this season given the revolt the directors (united across) were having over the “field” conditions. Some of the stuff Open Class has to deal with... 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, cmchandler said:

Let’s just say there was one show that was “lucky” to be rained out this season given the revolt the directors (united across) were having over the “field” conditions. Some of the stuff Open Class has to deal with... 

There were times that I thought my head would explode. I’m not short on words so I think I might have said “stop treating these kids like redheaded ######## stepchildren”. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I saw some folks complaining about this field.  While we’re waiting, I have a story about being a Div 2 parent from ‘99 to ‘03. 

We got to the field in Westminster, MD for prelims in 2000.  The grass was probably 8 inches high.  A DCI volunteer who is a friend of mine got on a riding mower and mowed that cow pasture so the kids could march. 

So this field looks great to me.

Somewhere I have pics of DCI shows taken from the dugout at the old Ames Field with the infield and pitcher's mound.

• Like 1