Madison Scouts 2020

On 9/22/2019 at 12:05 PM, JeffreyJK68 said:

Why can’t they strive to do BOTH?! 

Consult with the incredible executive staff on this topic.  They are busy now planning the greatest misfire in drum corp history.  

On 9/22/2019 at 12:05 PM, JeffreyJK68 said:

Why can’t they strive to do BOTH?! 

It will be amazing if they can show up at all.  

6 minutes ago, wilder1966 said:

You can bet those off season discussions are every bit as impressive as their 2019 placement.  

3 minutes ago, wilder1966 said:

Consult with the incredible executive staff on this topic.  They are busy now planning the greatest misfire in drum corp history.  

May I borrow your crystal ball please.

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2019 at 1:25 PM, tesmusic said:

And couldn't be further from the truth.

CK-I know you lurk in here, do your job, if the inept board isn't going to fire you, own up and resign. You have failed the organization.

You can bet CK is in the drivers seat once again.  The spineless board stands ready to defend the maker of 16th place legends.  I wont 

be watching them moving forward.  MS is a legendary name and should be removed from all this mayhem.  

• Like 1

On 9/5/2019 at 1:06 PM, HockeyDad said:

But they let females in!!!!!  That is going to fix everything!!!!!  

We were not supposed to notice this misdirected distraction in the throws of the failed 2019 season.  Surprise.

This sentinel error in judgement, and proof of incompetency is still not enough to awaken the comatose board.

On 9/5/2019 at 2:09 PM, HockeyDad said:

My point was that the ONLY thing they have to hang their hat on for 2020 that’s any different from 2019 is that they’re going coed. My reaction to that is:  why will this make any difference?  If you do nothing with this failed leadership team, why would females decide to march there anymore than males?  Going coed was the distractor from the real problem, which has not been fixed. So, why would we expect anything to change, placement-wise, in 2020?

The great distractor of 2019 fooled nobody!  Your point is painfully clear, bringing in the girls fixes nothing, and brings about a tundra of betrayal

to the fans, the alumni, and the entire drum corp world.  The YT video of CK and his yes man, JE was painfully pretentious.   know this clearly for

the record, the MS have always been inclusive.  They also have been all male since day one.  This dog dont hunt, and it sure dont fly.  

Edited by wilder1966
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2019 at 11:26 AM, Madcityscout said:

I do feel that if this is well planned with the making of the corps going coed it can work for the better of the organization, similar to when the Garfield Cadets went coed decades ago.

Do you also believe in the Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus?  That will surely help.  The MS are in no way similar in foundation, or vision to the Cadets.  

Not for arguments sake, but false optimism, and liberal minded designs, and complacency is exactly what brought them to this low threshold.  

On 9/5/2019 at 11:03 AM, tesmusic said:

Exactly. Missing finals 3 out of the last 4 years, and 5 out of the last 12, and yet there seems to be zero effort to build hype and excitement. There are rumors floating around, and if they're true I will be optimistic, but with CK in charge and nothing being put out there, seems like same old, same old.

Same old with a new twist:  Resentment.  When this misguided plan backfires, the sound asleep board will awaken with a jerk!  

Taking down a world class organization to save your own face is similar to the defiance of so many third world leaders now 

deposed, or deceased.  The bad guy never repents, or assumes liability.  

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:19 AM, tesmusic said:

Exactly. But if anyone knows how to chase good staff away, it's the executive director.

Yes, but always remember he brought them to 16th place single handed.  That is an achievement for the ages. 

He is also a legend in his own mind, and that is very impressive. 

3 hours ago, wilder1966 said:

The great distractor of 2019 fooled nobody!  Your point is painfully clear, bringing in the girls fixes nothing, and brings about a tundra of betrayal

to the fans, the alumni, and the entire drum corp world

I'm sorry...but I'm a fan, former DCI and DCA MM and part of the "entire drum corps world." And truth be told, I'm getting a little old. But for the life of me, I don't remember feeling betrayed by the fact that the Scouts decided to bring in female MM's or electing you as "official DCI mouthpiece." Thanks for speaking for all of us though...  🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1