Time to Say Goodbye, after 15 years

8 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Drum Corps has ALWAYS been marching band....just different instrumentation....stop trying to say otherwise.

Well that distinction is about gone....

10 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Drum Corps has ALWAYS been marching band....just different instrumentation....stop trying to say otherwise.

In 2019 that’s probably a true statement but to say it’s “ALWAYS” been marching band is absurd  especially to those of us that did both.

5 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

In 2019 that’s probably a true statement but to say it’s “ALWAYS” been marching band is absurd  especially to those of us that did both.

But to 95% of the population, it’s marching band. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

But to 95% of the population, it’s marching band. 

To the general population, yes, I agree. 

But for an alleged drum corps person to say that to another drum corps person.......and to imply it’s “always been that way” and we’re not to think any different is asinine. 

10 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

But for an alleged drum corps person to say that to another drum corps person.......and to imply it’s “always been that way” and we’re not to think any different is asinine. 

and that mentality is dying out

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

That you used “alleged” is also an issue. It’s not good enough to be a fan. You must have been in a corps for X number of years to be a real drum corps person. It’s why drum corps won’t pick up many new fans - it’s mostly a closed group. 

23 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and that mentality is dying out

Reminds me of the young people we had doing parades and concerts with an alumni type corps. Some joined because it was something different as they didn’t really know what drum corps was anyway. All good as they enjoyed...

1 minute ago, cybersnyder said:

That you used “alleged” is also an issue. It’s not good enough to be a fan. You must have been in a corps for X number of years to be a real drum corps person. It’s why drum corps won’t pick up many new fans - it’s mostly a closed group. 

oh brother,.........this is an open forum for those that marched and fans of the activity.  I understand that, and from my point of view to call drum corps “band” is an insult even though that’s where I started too.

1 minute ago, greg_orangecounty said:

oh brother,.........this is an open forum for those that marched and fans of the activity.  I understand that, and from my point of view to call drum corps “band” is an insult even though that’s where I started too.

Cool

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

Drum Corps has ALWAYS been marching band....just different instrumentation....

Yes, but that doesn't mean there's no value in making distinctions. All drum corps are marching bands. All marching bands are not drum corps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1