Encouragement Thread - If you need support let’s help

17 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well some encouragement... Remdesivir will be distributed to 50+ PA hospitals. Article not too detailed but believe PA having 6th most cases overall has a lot to do with it. At least two hospitals in my area including the one I can see from my back yard.

Also another day of under 1000 cases. Up from last few days but might be due to investigating older possibles. And tomorrow more counties will move up to yellow status (SW part of state) and more should be announced for opening for next Friday.

11 more counties will be moving to yellow status next Friday (including my county). Basically everything East of Susquehanna River will still be in red (sorry sis). Now have to read what the hades difference there is between red and yellow. Believe more businesses open with masks and distancing in effect 

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol hope you sent one to the Holy Hilton as think they had it closed so they could use it for parking. Which reminds me.... thought we were supposed to get a replacement Wendy’s off Erford on BC/BS land. Hawaiian Poke (Hawaiian Puke), Starbucks and Sheetz needs some competition 

oh i know the whole strip. Tonino's is awesome...though i am afarid they may hurt Two cousins. there is still space for one more restaraunt there, so who knows. the hotel is coming along nicely.

and the Holy Hilton pretty much avoids me at all costs after 1997

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

11 more counties will be moving to yellow status next Friday (including my county). Basically everything East of Susquehanna River will still be in red (sorry sis). Now have to read what the hades difference there is between red and yellow. Believe more businesses open with masks and distancing in effect 

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/04/see-the-color-coded-chart-outlining-steps-to-reopen-pa.html

I'm guessing the counties in orange are in transition - Beaver County in the west is moving slowly to opening only because of several nursing homes experiencing higher than normal cases.

we are now under mandatory masking at work any time we are walking together or are in a group - my guess is they are transitioning us to the inevitable full time wearing of masks while on duty.  Breathing through those masks in this year's summer heat is going to be brutal.   

my company said work from home everyone not in a bank location til 6/30 though most bank business handled only thru drive thru

Thanks for the link to the chart John. And from my local news source yet. Now I need to check “aggressive mitigation” another buzz work the governor uses but without heck of a lot of detail. Had that problem at the start with definition of “essential business” but give him a 👍 for working this through and not knuckling under to the (no mask/no distancing) knuckleheads protesting again today. 

And forgot Beaver county was still red.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

my company said work from home everyone not in a bank location til 6/30 though most bank business handled only thru drive thru

Lobby business by appointment only? Haven’t looked at other places but that’s what my Credit Union does. Only time I ever go in is for safe deposit box or run a ton of change in the machine. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JohnZ said:

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/04/see-the-color-coded-chart-outlining-steps-to-reopen-pa.html

I'm guessing the counties in orange are in transition - Beaver County in the west is moving slowly to opening only because of several nursing homes experiencing higher than normal cases.

we are now under mandatory masking at work any time we are walking together or are in a group - my guess is they are transitioning us to the inevitable full time wearing of masks while on duty.  Breathing through those masks in this year's summer heat is going to be brutal.   

Wearing one outside in the summer sounds awful. I’m about to start having to wear an N95 with a surgical mask on top of that (to be discarded after each patient), plus a face shield, all day long. (And gown, head covering and foot booties.) I’m definitely not looking forward to that part of going back to work but I guess it’s the new normal for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

Very minor but maybe my niece will be able to go back to the hair salon after end of next week. Thank goodness chairs in the place are spread out and room to distance. Ironic as got a text of gibberish from her phone this morning. Was ready to google to understand what looked like a bunch of acronyms then I realized what it meant..... it meant her 3 year old was playing with moms phone 😆

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Wearing one outside in the summer sounds awful. I’m about to start having to wear an N95 with a surgical mask on top of that (to be discarded after each patient), plus a face shield, all day long. (And gown, head covering and foot booties.) I’m definitely not looking forward to that part of going back to work but I guess it’s the new normal for the foreseeable future.

My regular post is out in front on the concrete walkway - the dense summer heat is sometimes almost unbearable (they do take great care in making sure staff are hydrated and given regular breaks).  they are exploring reusable masks that can be washed, issued to the staff as required PPE.  it takes twice the effort to breathe through them as the normal N95 masks.  IMO with a lot of cast members who are up in years many with the usual old people ailments, I am sure there are going to be health related problems, and lack of compliance is already a given.

going to be interesting - we are anxious to reopen though.  I think something will be announced soon.

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Today I am encouraged to say that my wife and I are celebrating 38 years of married bliss! 

And how many years have you two been married????

:dancin:

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Edited by MikeD
  • Haha 2