Recommended Posts

We know PR isn’t DCA’s forte....hell their pianissimo.... but at least DCI releases a statement on where they stand in all of this.

 

any word on DCA?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff,

I get 20 of what is now the standard "Corona Virus Update" a day in my E-Mail.  DCI said nothing new, or helpful.  

Can't you find something constructive to complain about ?

Regards, STLDRMN

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stldrmn1 said:

Jeff,

I get 20 of what is now the standard "Corona Virus Update" a day in my E-Mail.  DCI said nothing new, or helpful.  

Can't you find something constructive to complain about ?

Regards, STLDRMN

 

i asked a question. ok i complained about DCA PR, but thats constructive cause well they have none

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DCA may actually be better off than DCI in this.  They don't need to get a college that won't let the football team have spring practice to open up for a corps to have spring training, Also most DCA corps don't need weekend housing.  With their Labor day champs  they could still put together  show even if virus fears don't subside until July.     The corps that have become more DCI like with housing  and such might have a tougher time 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, totaleefree said:

DCA may actually be better off than DCI in this.  They don't need to get a college that won't let the football team have spring practice to open up for a corps to have spring training, Also most DCA corps don't need weekend housing.  With their Labor day champs  they could still put together  show even if virus fears don't subside until July.     The corps that have become more DCI like with housing  and such might have a tougher time 

 

DCI shutting down their tour may actually help all-age corps with increased participation. Same issues as DCI concerning venues and transportation remains. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, totaleefree said:

DCA may actually be better off than DCI in this.  They don't need to get a college that won't let the football team have spring practice to open up for a corps to have spring training, Also most DCA corps don't need weekend housing.  With their Labor day champs  they could still put together  show even if virus fears don't subside until July.     The corps that have become more DCI like with housing  and such might have a tougher time 

 

several corps do stay in schools, and need shower facilities. also, soon is the time some serious decisions about expenses have to be made, and DCA corps don't have DCI corps coffers...and i highly doubt any of them want to put a show together in 6-8 weeks

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

several corps do stay in schools, and need shower facilities. also, soon is the time some serious decisions about expenses have to be made, and DCA corps don't have DCI corps coffers...and i highly doubt any of them want to put a show together in 6-8 weeks

And throw in question of crowd size for shows. Even if there are shows think a lot of people will be cutting out money spent on entertainment due to job cutbacks. Not to mention fear of going out in a crowded place worrying if virus is finally gone or just waiting for a mutation comeback as in 1918.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schools may not allow corps to stay in their schools anymore! How many corps use a school for their weekend camps now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KeithHall said:

Schools may not allow corps to stay in their schools anymore! How many corps use a school for their weekend camps now? 

hell schools may not want to HOST shows

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coronavirus update (March 23) by Drum Corps Associates

On Sunday, March 22, the Board of Drum Corps Associates held an emergency conference call with all their member corps directors to discuss the ongoing concerns and impact of the Coronavirus on its member corps as well as the entire DCA community. The corps directors shared their concerns, challenges and options as it relates to its members, staff and sponsors. The DCA board
has been in constant communication with our host sponsor, Lycoming County Visitors Bureau and the City of Williamsport, who have assured DCA that they will work with DCA and are excited about future opportunities to host the DCA World Championships.

All DCA corps have canceled their in person rehearsals and meetings adhering to Federal, State & Local laws, restrictions and guidance (President's Guidelines PDF 0316).  DCA member corps have been utilizing virtual and cloud technologies in order to keep their membership(s) engaged.  Some of the issues discussed on the call  concern the availability of show venuesites, what would an abbreviated season look like, and what kind of strategic planning would be required should the entire season be canceled.
The DCA board and its member corps agreed to meet on a regular basis while monitoring the situation over the next few weeks.

The DCA Board as well as all its DCA member corps continue to be vigilant and committed to protecting performers, staff, families, volunteers, fans, corporate sponsors, and all who partner with the DCA community.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.