MM Refunds, and Ticket Buyers, too? Friends?

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI is the corps. their directors, the ones that vote on everything. so some possibly wanting to splinter off with more control is IMO laughable.

Some!聽馃お

Edited by Poppycock
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Obviously. I already emailed a corps I bought tickets from to let them know that I don't want a refund, and hope they will use the money as a contribution instead. Hopefully lots of people w

I donate already as well. I would like a refund from tickets I bought from DCI and take that money and聽donate it to Bluecoats. Obviously, I am happy to donate the聽聽tickets I bought for Bloo shows to B

I don't have a dog in this fight regarding DCI ticket refunds, but it seems to me this was an example of an easily forseeable PR blunder.聽 Given the economic situation many may find themselves in, it

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Some!聽馃お

i wonder who will be the 7th now that one is awaiting legal proceedings

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

i wonder who will be the 7th now that one is awaiting legal proceedings

The activity is in a dire financial situation and another year of dismal financial聽results will force difficult decisions to be made.

So given DCI鈥檚聽financial performance it鈥檚 not surprising some聽new ideas and approaches are on the agenda for聽discussions. To聽mitigate risks in the face of future聽uncertainty聽makes sense to me.

Believe聽the director鈥檚 will take the time to decide if DCI remains聽viable without change,聽or if it should be聽managed under another entity that is better managed,聽structured and most importantly not in the red.聽

The last thing this is about is control, IMO it鈥檚 all inclusive which is good. I鈥檓 optimistic.聽

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 2
We are offering the following options for the tickets you purchased through our Ticket Fundraiser:
聽聽聽聽聽聽Donate your ticket to聽 (well managed DCI Corps)聽as a tax-deductible donation
As a thank you for your donation, you will receive a membership in our( club for donors)
聽聽聽聽聽聽Push the amount of your ticket order forward to apply to your 2021 ticket order
聽聽聽聽聽聽Refund your ticket order, or a portion of it
The $5 per ticket handling fee is non-refundable and not tax-deductible
So it seems that if you bought through the corps you at least have the option of a refund.
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, totaleefree said:
We are offering the following options for the tickets you purchased through our Ticket Fundraiser:
聽聽聽聽聽聽Donate your ticket to聽 (well managed DCI Corps)聽as a tax-deductible donation
As a thank you for your donation, you will receive a membership in our( club for donors)
聽聽聽聽聽聽Push the amount of your ticket order forward to apply to your 2021 ticket order
聽聽聽聽聽聽Refund your ticket order, or a portion of it
The $5 per ticket handling fee is non-refundable and not tax-deductible
So it seems that if you bought through the corps you at least have the option of a refund.

Yes. I bought tickets through both Madison and Phantom. Both organizations offered refunds with options to donate.

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Poppycock said:

The activity is in a dire financial situation and another year of dismal financial聽results will force difficult decisions to be made.

So given DCI鈥檚聽financial performance it鈥檚 not surprising some聽new ideas and approaches are on the agenda for聽discussions. To聽mitigate risks in the face of future聽uncertainty聽makes sense to me.

Believe聽the director鈥檚 will take the time to decide if DCI remains聽viable without change,聽or if it should be聽managed under another entity that is better managed,聽structured and most importantly not in the red.聽

The last thing this is about is control, IMO it鈥檚 all inclusive which is good. I鈥檓 optimistic.聽

control is always the bottom line. it's called life

12 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

control is always the bottom line. it's called life

Got it! Appreciate what you鈥檙e saying. Also flattering to have someone so obviously fond of聽me, be sincere聽it's just puppy love right! It鈥檚 possible to introduce alternative thoughts or state here鈥檚 what I鈥檝e heard about a specific topic. I admit I don鈥檛 have first-hand knowledge, but confident that discussions are in play on a number of issues, and there are strong opinions. Would be nice if you kept the showy, one-sided, and obnoxious forms of delivery to a minimum and instead elaborate on what you actually know. It鈥檚 okay to agree to disagree and let the conversation go on - even when evidence and behaviors prove otherwise.

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 1
On 4/10/2020 at 12:06 PM, Poppycock said:

Where did this come from?

"another year of dismal financial results"?

"given DCI's financial聽performance it's not surprising"

"in the red"

Sounds more like Hoppycock to me.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Where did this come from?

"another year of dismal financial results"?

"given DCI's financial聽performance it's not surprising"

"in the red"

Sounds more like Hoppycock to me.

Intended or not, there's a joke in there somewhere!聽聽馃槀

14 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Got it! Appreciate what you鈥檙e saying. Also flattering to have someone so obviously fond of聽me, be sincere聽it's just puppy love right! It鈥檚 possible to introduce alternative thoughts or state here鈥檚 what I鈥檝e heard about a specific topic. I admit I don鈥檛 have first-hand knowledge, but confident that discussions are in play on a number of issues, and there are strong opinions. Would be nice if you kept the showy, one-sided, and obnoxious forms of delivery to a minimum and instead elaborate on what you actually know. It鈥檚 okay to agree to disagree and let the conversation go on - even when evidence and behaviors prove otherwise.

i've heard lots.