Boston Crusaders 2021

51 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes I was Craiga.   To me, if post mentioning a different number of brass in the photo falls under does it really matter to Barneveld, then again to me, the post of section numbers shouldn't matter also to Barneveld.

Perfect Wine & Cheese Pairings

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yes I was Craiga.   To me, if post mentioning a different number of brass in the photo falls under does it really matter to Barneveld, then again to me, the post of section numbers shouldn't matter also to Barneveld.

its_so_true_that_its_pointless_to_argue-45.jpg

Edited by Boss Anova

Just as a reminder to any BAC fans or alumni who want to visit the corps in Castleton....there are some protocols in place that must be adhered to.  You should give the corps admin folks a heads up that you intend to visit, and bring proof of vaccination and a very recent negative covid test.  When you arrive, check in with the corps doctor and they'll give you a "Cleared Guest" pass.  We can't enter any of the campus buildings but I had no issues whatever sitting in the stands in the stadium and watching rehearsals.  Vermont has a vaccination rate of over 80% so it is a very safe place for the corps to be and I think they're just trying to keep it that way.

• Like 1

Max and I are back in Castleton. The weather is perfect today....sunny and 73 degrees.  The drum corps continues to work hard.  The show is a regular length show and they are learning body/choreography as they learn the drill.  And no, I don't know anything about what tge new uniforms are going to look like!😂

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, craiga said:

Max and I are back in Castleton. The weather is perfect today....sunny and 73 degrees.  The drum corps continues to work hard.  The show is a regular length show and they are learning body/choreography as they learn the drill.  And no, I don't know anything about what tge new uniforms are going to look like!😂

Enjoy your time with them. I'm jealous!

Watching these members peform and this staff do their thing is literally therapeutic.

• Like 4

Just returned from my second weekend visiting the corps in Vermont.  I am trying to process what I have seen and heard.  I won't have the chance to see them again until tour starts in three weeks, so these will be very preliminary comments.

The  corps recently made very clear that the decision was made last fall to design and craft a show that is what the audience would hope for.  Thus, ZOOM is visual feast much like the last three seasons' productions.  with a drill that is at times exciting and viceral and other times beautiful (particularly in the ballad).  The brass line has now settled in at 72 and all I can say is that it is precisely what you would expect from Gino and his team in their 4th year here.   I'm not a drummer, but the battery is vintage Colin and the members seemed thrilled to be doing what they are doing, including the 18 pit members.  I don't know what I can even say about the guard....except that they're back!  (but this time with 58 members)

Unless I am completely dense, I don't interpret the "ZOOM" theme as having anything to do with zoom meetings etc.  This show is all about fast, paced racing as far as I can see (except the beautiful ballad from U2.)  I have not seen the new uniforms, but it sounds as if this will be a total show concept from uniforms to flag silks to drum covers to props. There is literally something for everybody in this show.

The members and staff all seem incredibly motivated and the countdown to tour has begun.  I have repeatedly and very publicly supported the other corps' decisions to forgo a regular season this year.  I think and hope that many fans will appreciate Boston's approach as well.  In a way, this almost feels like this is the 2021 version of BAC being different than some.  I think most folks will really enjoy this show.   I already have earworms from the U2 piece, just like I do for the Tears for Fears section of 2019.

Anyway, their first show is three weeks from tomorrow night, along with Cadets, Bluecoats, Spirit and a few others.  Can't wait!!

Edited by craiga
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

BAC Backstage is your behind the scenes look at the Boston Crusaders.

Follow along all summer long with an inside look at our rehearsals, warmups, and shows. Gain inside access to full length interviews with our members and staff, clips from the lot, exclusive livestreams from spring training, and more video content you won't see anywhere else! Stream from your phone, computer, or any device with an internet browser. Don't miss a moment of the action, go backstage!

Pricing

Free for on-demand content, $2 for live streams

There are two levels of access for Backstage: free bundle and paid live streaming access. To access our full catalog of on-demand videos, simply click "sign up" above and choose the free plan. To access our weekly livestreams, we are required to charge $2 a month. This nominal fee allows us to offset the cost of live streaming while keeping our streams accessible. The paid live stream plan includes all of the same content as the free plan, plus the addition of live streams. Both plans can be canceled at any time.

Login and Watching

Available on any internet browser

Backstage is available on any device with an internet browser including phones, laptops, and tablets. Simply navigate to https://backstage.bostoncrusad... and click login. At this time, we do not offer mobile apps.

Show Streaming

Tune into FloMarching

With a shortened tour schedule, Backstage is the bridge to bring the Boston Crusaders to you. We will make as much rehearsal, lot, and behind-the-scenes content available as possible so you can watch along at home even if you cannot see the corps in person. However, Backstage will not be streaming shows. To view livestreams from our tour stops, FloMarching offers streaming subscriptions here

https://backstage.bostoncrusaders.org/pages/about

• Like 4

Artist rendering of both corps and guard costumes were made public in the video Keith did with Tim Hinton and the Marching Roundtable that went up two weeks ago or so. 

Link to that video

To an earlier point a few posts back, there is a tie in to Zoom as in the software, when you hear KP talk about what will be up on the props. 

Edited by drummergirl
  • Like 1