Our Commitment To The Black Lives Matter Movement

25 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Everyone in moderation.  

Oh man, thinking of a late extended family member who drank “in moderation”. According to him he only had one (small) glass of vodka a night. What he DIDN’T say was he kept topping that small glass off over and over and....

“But that’s just one drink.. in a small  glass..” moderation in his view. Sad part was he was so gone he really believed it....

about as many definitions of moderation as there are for defund and blm

Edited by JimF-LowBari

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

As an alumni just got an invite for a zoom feed with the intern head of security at my old college. Back in my day it was pretty much white with few foreign students in the mix. Today lot more overseas students and has really outreached toward minority students. Town and county still low in minorities and conservative so comfort level not too good there. Since the last few months appears college heads realized they need to open the communications to students a LOT wider due to CV and white/minority/police problems. (Not going to say BLM because of “definition” issues but same idea). Some might say small steps but steps none the less.

edit (what I forgot): BITD state colleges hid any bad news including racial issues. Now mine publicizes it with a statement that basically says “we don’t put up with this ####”. That includes racist fb statements with photos taken on school property. (Can’t say example I am thinking)

I know you mean well in relating these experiences, but your unintentional bias is often as exposed as Chris Cuomo’s butt in a live yoga video.

Edited by skevinp
Added the word “unintentional”

1 minute ago, skevinp said:

I know you mean well in relating these experiences, but your bias is often as exposed as Chris Cuomo’s butt in a live yoga video.

WTF are you talking about? 

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

WTF are you talking about? 

Oh if you aren’t aware of the referenced subject matter, please protect yourself and don’t go looking.  Take it from those of us who which we were still innocent.  

10 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Oh if you aren’t aware of the referenced subject matter, please protect yourself and don’t go looking.  Take it from those of us who which we were still innocent.  

Ask a question and get this in return.... “Those of us who which we were still innocent”?

Sorry for bringing up that I think it’s a good thing that my old college is opening lines of communications between all students and security. Talking between all sides is critical. That’s my bias and #### proud of it.

Time to relearn the ignore feature...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Ask a question and get this in return.... “Those of us who which we were still innocent”?

Sorry if bringing up that I think it’s a good thing that my old college opening lines of communications between all students. Talking between all sides is critical. That’s my bias and #### proud of it.

Time to relearn the ignore feature...

It was a mostly just a joke about Chris Cuomo’s butt, but ok.

To clarify, the “those of us who wish we were still innocent”  was not in reference to your communication, but to the video. 

As for the bias part, it seemed pretty obvious to me, but if not to you that’s fine, I doubt there is any point in discussing it in that case.  It wasn’t that big of a deal and I did not mean to imply that it was.  It is certainly not anything I don’t hear all the time.  

And I am honestly just too exhausted by it all, on top of the stress, crisis, fear and heartbreak due to recent personal circumstances, to carry on these discussions.  

May everyone find peace and understanding.  Or at least some change between the couch cushions.  

Edited by skevinp

18 minutes ago, skevinp said:

It was a mostly just a joke about Chris Cuomo’s butt, but ok.

Oh I got that part (Thank goodness it was from text and not video🤮). I just have no idea what bias I am showing...

As far “definition issues” with BLM and defund don’t want to derail the thread again with “what they really mean” discussions/arguments.

And comparing open communications in college toady and my day 40 years back I have to cringe. School hid so #### much so they wouldn’t lose potential students. It was worse as a state school as seen as competing against 13 others. Now open about assaults, students arrested for whatever and even students who pass away. I look at the college newspaper which now reports it all and just amazed. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Oh man, thinking of a late extended family member who drank “in moderation”. According to him he only had one (small) glass of vodka a night. What he DIDN’T say was he kept topping that small glass off over and over and....

“But that’s just one drink.. in a small  glass..” moderation in his view. Sad part was he was so gone he really believed it....

about as many definitions of moderation as there are for defund and blm

To to be clear this was not directed at stkevinp. Just making an observation that everyone has their own definition of moderation. Just like they have their definition... of... oh crap nevermind 😈

Edited by JimF-LowBari