Troopers: A report on alleged sexual assault & problematic behavior by MAASIN

14 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m finally selling my house and moving in the spring/early summer and I’ll be about 500 miles from the nearest drum corps.  So, I think I’ll be out of the loop. 🤷‍♀️

Never 'out of the loop'; trains, planes, & automobiles!  (And FloMarching?)  #MarchOn  :thumbs-up:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If you can, post the zoom link.  I promise to think about keeping my microphone muted

He can't because he is not part of an actual member corps. Even though He keeps portraying himself as a insider. Not really at all. 

Edited by O'Neal's

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

He can't because he is not part of an actual member corps. Even though He keeps portraying himself as a insider. Not really at all. 

i portray myself to be me thanks. and i've provided a lot of information thats been very accurate over the years. seems the calls had some great diversity stuff covered today. Lots of people came away very positive about it.

you're welcome

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

--- UPDATE FROM THE TROOPER BOARD OF DIRECTORS,  01/22/21 ---

(Released to the public today; shared with members, staff, & alumni on 01/21/21)

https://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/single-post/board-of-directors-update-01-22-21?fbclid=IwAR0K7kivV8c6WbmDU0KK1Q6DKbtwlqliZccpL3GX74gVNAIEs3Tew9j-Tyk

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

--- UPDATE FROM THE TROOPER BOARD OF DIRECTORS,  01/22/21 ---

(Released to the public today; shared with members, staff, & alumni on 01/21/21)

https://www.troopersdrumcorps.org/single-post/board-of-directors-update-01-22-21?fbclid=IwAR0K7kivV8c6WbmDU0KK1Q6DKbtwlqliZccpL3GX74gVNAIEs3Tew9j-Tyk

Masterful if not Masterson.

So MAASIN is not part of the DCI reporting policy. Then why did they try to get involved by contacting Troopers and requesting information? Very private information that should not be shared with non-involved third parties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So MAASIN is not part of the DCI reporting policy. Then why did they try to get involved by contacting Troopers and requesting information? Very private information that should not be shared with non-involved third parties.

no they are an independent organization.

https://www.maasin.net/blog

36 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

MAASIN is trying to position itself as the independent investigative watchdog group for all of the marching arts.  I've seen several comparisons on social media to them being the "SafeSport" for the marching arts.  The challenge is... they really don't have the authority to position themselves in that role.  SafeSport was granted their status and authority through federal law/congressional action (Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017).  MAASIN lacks that same status and authority to take on that role. 

So while it could be beneficial from an initial PR side of things for a corps/organization to cooperate with MAASIN, the release of any type of confidential/sensitive information to MAASIN could potentially put the organization in a bad spot from a legal standpoint.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

no they are an independent organization.

https://www.maasin.net/blog

Yes they are an independent third party. I’d be an independent third party too. But what right would I have to tell Troopers that they should tell me what is going on with investigations within the corps? Is MAASIN working with DCI (as an independent) for this or is MAASIN doing this all on their own? Does MAASIN have people knowledgeable enough to deal with the issues?

Too many years of working with and getting training on protecting personal and privileged information. If MAASIN doesn’t have a legal right to the info then Troopers would be doing the proper thing by ignoring the request or tell MAASIN to pound sand. Bottom line MAASIN is saying Troopers are hiding info from MAASIN. If MAASIN doesn’t have a right or need to know then Troopers are protecting the info. 

To put it another way how does this sound? “I’ve made myself the watchdog for problems in DCI corps. Send me all your information on any assault, harassment or other nasty things going on within your corps. And you’d better do it or I’ll bash you on the internet for not complying”.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Masterful if not Masterson.

I see where someone answered your question on FB that Welborn Sullivan Neck & Tooley of Denver/Casper represents The Troopers.  (Boy, that's a mouthful.  I'm going to call their office just to hear their receptionist.) :spitting:

Most of the follow up comments on FB seem to be skewed to the negative with a few sprinkles of positive support.  Not taking up for "The Troop",  but I just don't see how the MAASIN organization hasn't opened up their organization to legal action with naming certain individuals.  I'm certainly no legal scholar, but I have had a few business law classes & a little common sense.  😐 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Sad 1