Educators and Covid vaccinations - yes DC related

14 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You are very mistaken to think a it takes a super spreader event to close a school. All it takes is one case and the school shuts for safety sake.

As for your claiming 99.99%. Take that crap to a SM site that claims Covid is a hoax and no precautions are needed. I’ll go with Johns Hopkins. If you or anyone keeps pushing only 1 out of thousands die I will have the thread closed as OP.

PM waiting for you🙂

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I never understood its all about the customers at the grocery store. What about the grocery workers. 

Truck drivers 

Delivery people

Airlines 

Construction workers

etc etc 

All doing jobs so teachers can be different. Science so far says schools are not super spreaders. Places all over the country have been in school all year. Private schools have been in school all year. 

Just hang on a little longer and watch what the parents do. Its coming. 

Mental health issues of students is suffering. Teachers are working harder doing online or in some cases taking vacations in Caribbean. 

Are the teachers working harder or being useless do-nothings? Your inconsistency is showing 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Are the teachers working harder or being useless do-nothings? Your inconsistency is showing 

Sis in law working harder now trying to “herd cats” with her second graders. And being the only one in the classroom (don’t know any who work from home) is depressing...

18 hours ago, O'Neal's said:

I never understood its all about the customers at the grocery store. What about the grocery workers. 

Truck drivers 

Delivery people

Airlines 

Construction workers

etc etc 

All doing jobs so teachers can be different. Science so far says schools are not super spreaders. Places all over the country have been in school all year. Private schools have been in school all year. 

Just hang on a little longer and watch what the parents do. Its coming. 

Mental health issues of students is suffering. Teachers are working harder doing online or in some cases taking vacations in Caribbean. 

So what is YOUR schools Covid policy?

The percentages are low right up to a certain age group. The age group for k - 12 is extremely low for fatality's around 700 total 24 and younger. At 75 years the fatality percentage goes up. 

covid deaths  all deaths        
  1–4 years 23 3,528          
  5–14 years 69 5,717          
  15–24 years 626 36,865          
  25–34 years 2,804 76,018          
  35–44 years 7,395 108,776          
  45–54 years 20,403 200,228          
  55–64 years 51,786 463,880          
  65–74 years 94,964 715,472          

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So what is YOUR schools Covid policy?

In person classes. Masks and distance there is a web site but I'm not going to share because I already feel like someone on here has given out my I.P.

So far this past week for the university we had 14 positives. We have 6 in quarantine at dorms and 8 at home. We have a power BI dashboard that tells us the latest info. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

The percentages are low right up to a certain age group. The age group for k - 12 is extremely low for fatality's around 700 total 24 and younger. At 75 years the fatality percentage goes up. 

covid deaths  all deaths        
  1–4 years 23 3,528          
  5–14 years 69 5,717          
  15–24 years 626 36,865          
  25–34 years 2,804 76,018          
  35–44 years 7,395 108,776          
  45–54 years 20,403 200,228          
  55–64 years 51,786 463,880          
  65–74 years 94,964 715,472          

No source and no date with half the deaths that have been reported. if you post anymore like this I’m closing the #### thread.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

27 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

In person classes. Masks and distance there is a web site but I'm not going to share because I already feel like someone on here has given out my I.P.

So far this past week for the university we had 14 positives. We have 6 in quarantine at dorms and 8 at home. We have a power BI dashboard that tells us the latest info. 

Sounds like other colleges I am aware of. Any idea what the public school policies are as you seem to have a problem with what some are doing?

31 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No source and no date with half the deaths that have been reported. if you post anymore like this I’m closing the #### thread.

Those numbers are straight from the CDC website. Updated Feb 10th 2021   

How can you claim the percentages and not be aware of the CDC website data? YOU immediately thought I made the data up or some random Social Media site.

Threatening to close the thread because you don't like the CDC data?

Deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), pneumonia, and influenza reported to NCHS by sex and age group, United States, from 1/1/2020 to 2/6/2021.*

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

Edited by O'Neal's