A Show or a Convention?

Just now, Poppycock said:

Why! Are you planning on attending? 😍

Planning to buy whatever online package that might be offered. Now that I’m retired and my bedtime isn’t so early 😆 want to see if DCI still holds interest for me. 

12 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Medical experts privately agreed with many earlier predictions about natural and herd immunity, but suggested they would not talk publicly about it because We the People might become too complacent and fail to take precautions or decline the vaccines being offered.

In other words, they believe in lying about it. A white lie, perhaps, but a lie nonetheless. Yep that's your government for ya!

Are these the same medical experts that ate at the sushi restaurant you attended with the plexiglass partitions?  

I’m thinking it’s too early to specify any details. There’s still time to be conceptual.

What’s key from a revenue standpoint is to attract the participation ($) of marching music aficionados who will NOT be in Indy. There will be multiples more of those.

I’m currently not planning to attend in person, but definitely will spend money in support of the effort and for the future of the activity.  I can think of several options possible. Guess we will see what they are.

Someone who normally lays out $2500 to be in Indy is, I think, likely to invest $300, or so, dollars that week from the comfort of their own homes. That is, if they are anxious for all of this to recover.

Just now, Poppycock said:

I believe there are a lot of COVID enthusiasts standing in their insanity circles around here, so shi-shi may be involved too! 

Our restaurants have been closed since October 1st.  We would welcome the ability to go there with the Plexiglas partitions. 

While I would never go for sushi (not my style), the Plexiglas partitions would not prevent me from enjoying my time.  

Can't understand the vitriol one here..Clearly, older people , regardless of political affiliation, belief system or cultural mores, are in the higher risk category for #### near everything ..That caution and prudence be looked at from perspectives ignoring these facts is troubling..Having had covid, I know I don't want it again, so if your locale is covid free congrats!..and if your age reduces your risk factors, again congrats!..I understand the desire to return to normal..Question is: What will the NEW normal be for EVERYBODY including drum corps enthusiasts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3