REOPENING PLANS & THE DCI 2021 "CELEBRATION TOUR"

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Yesterday NY,NJ and Conn. announced that most capacity restrictions go away on 5/19.

One sticking point is that 6' Social Distancing remains.

There was a story on the radio last night that the CDC is considering 

adopting the World Health Organization's 1 meter SD criteria.

That could be a game changer for audiences at things like Drum Corps.

Heard that report 'out of the gate' this morning.  Those states were the 'epicenter' early in the pandemic event.  Great news & the (1) meter is a little less than a yard stick.  

So you could skip every other seat in Lucas Oil?  I honestly think it'll be better by June/July so they can add capacity.  (Not sure what would be the deadline to make the decision & print tickets.) I think they're encouraging fans to purchase tickets by May 15th? 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Here's a new question:  

Will the Bill & Melinda Gates divorce have an effect on the DCI Celebration Tour this summer?  Will our chips still function the same or will we need a 'reboot'?  Will Melinda make a huge donation to DCI or corps organization? 😁😇😷 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melinda-gates-calls-marriage-bill-235716953.html 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

14 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Great news & the (1) meter is a little less than a yard stick.  

Actually, a meter is a little longer  (3.28') then a 3' yard stick.

5 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Actually, a meter is a little longer  (3.28') then a 3' yard stick.

"That's what she said..."

Yup; I did it reverse & got confused.  (It's the vaccine talking.)  1 meter = 1.09 yards 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

16 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Heard that report 'out of the gate' this morning.  Those states were the 'epicenter' early in the pandemic event.  Great news & the (1) meter is a little less than a yard stick.  

So you could skip every other seat in Lucas Oil?  I honestly think it'll be better by June/July so they can add capacity.  (Not sure what would be the deadline to make the decision & print tickets.) 

I think the issue is ‘what date will the “Indy Seating Decision Authority” decide how many fans will be allowed, & how does that overlap with DCI’s requirement to sell tickets in a timely manner?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Here's a new question:  

Will the Bill & Melinda Gates divorce have an effect on the DCI Celebration Tour this summer?  Will our chips still function the same or will we need a 'reboot'?  Will Melinda make a huge donation to DCI or corps organization? 😁😇😷 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melinda-gates-calls-marriage-bill-235716953.html 

Does Melinda have access to the programs that control the chips?