Will This Be The New 'Normal?'

56 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Years back went to my old college to see things I couldn’t when I didn’t have a car. Bunch of bikers in the hotel and talked to them at breakfast. They were going to Rolling Thunder at Johnstown PA. We were “that’s where we’re going today… oh bleep.. you mean hotels that far away are booked?”.

Yeah it a mess getting around Johnstown that day… 😬

Whenever I think of Johnstown, I think about the Chiefs. 

?do=download

• Haha 3

If we moved to a situation where the first competition was after July 4, it would help the "smaller" groups and would probably have zero impact on the quality of most productions, especially those of the top tier groups who can already afford to split their attention between DCI competition and other performance opportunities.

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

?do=download

Saw that at college.. funny part was hearing people pick out the extras they knew. IIRC the blond twins were not related in real life.. or blondes. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

?do=download

the arena is still there

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the arena is still there

Oh my gosh. That place should be declared a National Shrine. 

16 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Oh my gosh. That place should be declared a National Shrine. 

on occasion i judge out there for our local circuit...there's 3 schools within minutes of the building, but i always go out of my way to drive by and drop several quotes from the movie.

https://www.1stsummitarena.com/

On 8/24/2021 at 11:14 PM, Jeff Ream said:

on occasion i judge out there for our local circuit...there's 3 schools within minutes of the building, but i always go out of my way to drive by and drop several quotes from the movie.

https://www.1stsummitarena.com/

Thanks for the link. It looks like they've done a lot of work on the old barn over the years and still managed to keep its historic flavor. That place is on my bucket list. 

14 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Thanks for the link. It looks like they've done a lot of work on the old barn over the years and still managed to keep its historic flavor. That place is on my bucket list. 

they have...i think the Pens did a televised preseason game or 3 there a few years ago. But there is no easy way into or out of Johnstown.