Phantom Regiment 2022

12 hours ago, MikeN said:

Got to watch the Tour Premiere tonight. Phantom sounds good so far but looks fantastic. Seriously - they absolutely nailed the visual and drill and uniforms. I’m very pleased with the show so far, and I’m certain that, regardless of placement, we’ll look back on this as - great step one of the rebuild.

Mike

I would agree with the step in the rebuild, for sure - but I'd say it is step two.  Step one was their remarkable show & performance last year - the darling of Flo fans and the crowd in Indy.  It was thrilling to watch in the stadium in Indy last summer and how the crowd roared and was behind Regiment - on the field and also in the long lines at their Souvie booth for the first time in many years.  I saw so many people in the stands wiping tears from their eyes as they performed - myself included.

They are indeed headed in the right direction.  Praying they can keep this staff, and augment it with an addition or two and keep stability as a top priority (along with what seem to be the right steps with board, org & financial actions).

• Like 1

And there is a separate Covid thread now, for those that wish to join the endless, fruitless debate.  Can we keep this thread about the corps & show please?  There is so much positive going on for this org and this show.  Let's keep the focus there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gak27 said:

I also LOVE that the YT PR channel showed up on a show video to read the comments and chat:

PR-YT-chat.jpg

And presumably he's the same who showed up to discuss the covid bubble.

rcawth, to whatever extent Regiment controls it, I hope the corps allows unofficial YouTube vids. Fans are loving it and this corps!

23 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Unpopular view:  after what happened to Cavaliers with norovirus, I would always have been doing this. 

Yeah.  We’ll know which corps don’t do this because we’ll see a disruption like what Cavies had to deal with. 

That was my hunch at season start, they need to bubble and have a quarantine vehicle plan. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

And presumably he's the same who showed up to discuss the covid bubble.

rcawth, to whatever extent Regiment controls it, I hope the corps allows unofficial YouTube vids. Fans are loving it and this corps!

I will not be requesting videos be taken down. It's a never ending battle that I don't care to participate in. Much better to participate and engage with them anyway! Flo on the other hand 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 4

Does anyone know how many members are sick for tonight’s competition?

11 hours ago, PRomoter said:

PR Drum Major being too cool https://youtu.be/1qBlGLJeyjM

1st of all, sorry for piggybacking off your Vid PRmoter but it's the perfect one for this question. 

All of you cats who write drill etc., this one is for you. 

At 29 seconds, when the contras fold into the straight line and then fan back out to the front along the sideline, the form never seems to set. I've marched sets like this and I have seen them for God knows how long and still don't understand them. If the form never gets a chance to set, it just looks...sloppy to me. Am I being an old fart or just too hyper sensitive to drill or what? 

P.S. This isn't a PR thing. You cats KNOW how much I dig PR. PR just happens to be the vehicle for me to ask this important (not important at all really) question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

1st of all, sorry for piggybacking off your Vid PRmoter but it's the perfect one for this question. 

All of you cats who write drill etc., this one is for you. 

At 29 seconds, when the contras fold into the straight line and then fan back out to the front along the sideline, the form never seems to set. I've marched sets like this and I have seen them for God knows how long and still don't understand them. If the form never gets a chance to set, it just looks...sloppy to me. Am I being an old fart or just too hyper sensitive to drill or what? 

P.S. This isn't a PR thing. You cats KNOW how much I dig PR. PR just happens to be the vehicle for me to ask this important (not important at all really) question. 

I got loud when I saw the tubas flying.  Wait until they clean that. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1