3 hours ago, craiga said:

Yet another update from the mountains of Vermont...6/5/22:

The corps had a great day yesterday. It was sunny and cloudless all day and in the mid 70s.  Alums continued to arrive during the day. The Inspire Board of Directors was also in session here, and held multiple meetings and working groups  focusing on financial planning. Our BOD rocks!

BAC continues to drive through the show learning process. The evening ensemble session culminated with a full performance run of Parts 1-4, which resulted in a standing ovation by the folks in attendance.  They still have to put Part 5 on the field and my guess is that will take place this week. If that is accomplished,  that would still leave Boston with more than two weeks of cleaning leading up to Detroit.  Interestingly, they seem to be adding new musical and visual elements nearly every day.  It's almost as if finals are coming up rather than the Tour Premiere show.

More than half of this drum corps are vets of the ZOOM show and nearly half of THEM are also vets of GOLIATH and/or SOS. 

I also should note that there are several musical surprises in the show, but I'll leave it at that.  The show brings you through a complete journey of emotions and I feel like they are pulling out all the stops to achieve that. I would say they've got everything in there but the kitchen sink, but as I have not seen Part 5 yet, I won't make that claim. 😀

Time to take Max for a walk around the stadium. That's it from Castleton this morning!

Thanks so much for the updates Craiga  It is truly appreciated!

i’m a music guy so in your opinion  what previous show (musically, Any corps) sounds/feels similar to  the  bac 2022 musical production?  
😊

7 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

Thanks so much for the updates Craiga  It is truly appreciated!

i’m a music guy so in your opinion  what previous show (musically, Any corps) sounds/feels similar to  the  bac 2022 musical production?  
😊

Honestly?  So, there will be some heads exploding when I say this, but several of us were chatting this morning about the run through last night, and we agreed....the vibe is actually early 90s Star of Indiana. Nothing tangible mind you...but whether intentional or not, that is definitely the feel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I said earlier I was going to wait until there was a ST visit to make a prediction/guess.  And I will based on what was heard on the field, seen on the field.  There are rumors also being factored in.  And not completely unsubstantiated.  Very different sources with very similar reports. My top 3 will be Bluecoats, Boston and a tossup Cavies/Crown.  Yup BD 4, SCV 5.

Boston is definitely going to show something different, stepped up in all areas.

• Like 1

After the last few years, and then seeing zoom last season, this is a tale as old as time. They have consistently set themselves up with amazing shows and perform that at high levels. Boston is set to either win it all, or come second. My gut is telling me the former and for some reason I can't shake it. Best of luck this season and I can't wait to see the show!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't seen one drill set or heard one note from BAC. I do enjoy reading the "glowing" reviews here. I am going to just say that I look forward to them entertaining me this season (as they always have), no matter what the placement turns out to be on the field.

Predictions can be fun to speculate "what if", but IMO not much more than educated guesses (sometimes outlandish or conservative) at this point for any corps. It is not a crime to root for your favorites IMO. A conservative guess for me though would be that BD will win again this year for example. 

I think the gap between actual competitive season of 2019 and now may play into a few shake-ups. I also have come to realize that just because a corps improves does not necessary always equate to placement movement.  

I will assess more specifically for BAC after Detroit.

Eat 'em up BOSTON!

• Like 4

So athletic!

285568449_385465293615167_18039569528906

Edited by Liahona

With a little over 2 weeks to go before Detroit, BAC has the show done.  Finishing last bit of guard work in Part 5 today.  Very exciting.  Full out ensemble run through was really really good.  All sections are performing at a high level already.  Brass is powerful. Percussion is crisp.  New drums sound great.  Guard is bigger and better than ever.  I know it sounds like the same old blah blah.  But this show is a bit different than recent shows.  Different sound, different drill.  The props are pretty cool too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, craiga said:

LabMaster,  are you up there now?

No.  Just commenting on last weeks observations and reports from visitors this week.  Just a note to let people know Boston is ready.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 1